Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a single circuit BMC from AFRA - 22mm ATE replica.
Part #60714462 or 105484502001

I was surprised to receive a sheet of paper attached with the following warning:

ATTENZIONE ATTENTION
Pompa Freni
Replica tip ATE o Bonaldi o Benditalia o Girling
Queste pompe non possono essere utilizzate per vetture elaborate per competizione. Sono adatte solo per vetture strettamente conformi alle caratteristiche orginali della vettura e per un uso turistico.

This brake pump are replica of ATE or Benditalia or Bonaldi or Girling.
They cannot be used for tuned cars with different technical data from the original. You can use them safely only for tourism.

Aprile 2006 Afra sas

Anybody aware of any technical problems with this brake cylinder or is this is a standard legal disclaimer, possibly relating to the fact that this is a single circuit BMC?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I recently purchased a single circuit BMC from AFRA - 22mm ATE replica.
Part #60714462 or 105484502001

I was surprised to receive a sheet of paper attached with the following warning:

ATTENZIONE ATTENTION
Pompa Freni
Replica tip ATE o Bonaldi o Benditalia o Girling
Queste pompe non possono essere utilizzate per vetture elaborate per competizione. Sono adatte solo per vetture strettamente conformi alle caratteristiche orginali della vettura e per un uso turistico.

This brake pump are replica of ATE or Benditalia or Bonaldi or Girling.
They cannot be used for tuned cars with different technical data from the original. You can use them safely only for tourism.

Aprile 2006 Afra sas

Anybody aware of any technical problems with this brake cylinder or is this is a standard legal disclaimer, possibly relating to the fact that this is a single circuit BMC?
I'd lay money on it being a disclaimer.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got the following response from AFRA - it indeed sounds like a disclaimer:

Of cours it is a replica you cannot find after 50 years a still working and safe brake pump, Alfa Romeo do not reproduce any more!

The warning is because some cars are used for competition, and we just advise that it is not for racing standard.

The difference is that we tell you, other do not tell you and do not assume responsability.
The product is absolutely equivalent to the original and it is certified.

Sincerely
Afra sas

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Alleggerita,
What is your secret for getting Afra to respond to emails? I have never had a response from them.
Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have bought from them since the early 80's, at that time usually in person. Now, I usually fax in a fairly large order (assembled from a bunch of friends), and they respond quickly by Fax and e-mail. I used to translate everyting into Italian but I don't bother anymore. The e-mail they respond from is different from their website e-mail - in this case I sent the questions to that. It may also help to address the Fax to Alessandra Giorgetti (I believe the daughter of the owner) who now seems to deal w/ any English speaking orders.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
It's probably a disclaimer to do with a European Law Directive to do with insurance ...

I had a brake M/C from Italy a couple of years ago and it was full of machining swarf when I pulled it apart for inspection .... :eek:

Alex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts