Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long shot I know, but my rusty but otherwise complete car missing these items.
Similarly if anyone is aware of repro examples being produced anywhere I'd be grateful for the info.

thanks

Jim

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I think Alfa Franjo did the blanking plate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had hopes there but looks like they only do the later versions (will ask now incase they hold something in older inventory!)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the one... Didn't see listed for sale but have mailed so fingers crossed. Many thanks for the heads up.
Jim

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have a coffee can with several old lighters. Condition unknown. Does anyone out there have a tutorial for rebuilding / restoring the old lighters?

Reactions: goats

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Am missing the push in part....in some respects I'm not concerned if it actually works but Lighter_101Giulia.jpg plugs the ugly hole in the dash.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Sorry, I have the other style, drop-in cig lighters.

·
Premium Member
6,305 Posts
I have a coffee can with several old lighters. Condition unknown. Does anyone out there have a tutorial for rebuilding / restoring the old lighters?
I;'ve rebuilt a few of them, theres not a lot to them. Usually, typically the fuse on the back side gets melted thru. If you bypass the fuse, you can measure with a voltmeter whether they are shorted (sometimes , and then you have to fix the sliding contact) or open (again, either the sliding contact, or the element). They can be fiddly for sure.

Reactions: andylarry
1 - 12 of 12 Posts