Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
1974 GTV with custom-built 1750 motor
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the old Pirelli P6 tires on my GTV 6J x 14" rims......I was coming up with nothing but basic 'touring' tires until I stumbled across these 195x65x14 Vredestein Sportrac 5 tires designed by Giugiaro, the guy who actually designed the GTV while he was at Bertone.
Now sold by Tire Rack IMHO they're the perfect tires to enhance the handling on dry and wet. And they LOOK good too! 馃榿Just thought I'd share......-Vinny

Premium Member
Got a set of these on my Montreal. When I got them in I was very surprised to see the Giugiaro name on the tires. Me Pumpkin is standing on good rubber!

Reactions: Vinny-GTV

Super Moderator
Only a genius like Giugiaro could have chosen that shade of black! :)

Registered
1974 GTV with custom-built 1750 motor
Discussion Starter #5
Dunno how much input Giugiaro had in the actual 'design' but the inside tire wall is more flexible (thinner) than the outside wall. And these are fairly soft tires with a wear rating of 300 so they stick like glue on dry or wet. Also improved the car's strait-line tracking and overall ride too.The195x65x14" OD is just a wee bit smaller than the original 165x80x14"(~.2") but the extra width puts a lot more rubber on the road. Some might prefer the slightly taller/narrower 185x70x14 size?? Anyway....At <$100/tire I'm glad I got 'em and a spare too. -JMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts