Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,

I need 4, at least, of the partially-threaded M12 X 1.25 X 40 mm, Girling caliper mounting bolts.

They are listed as part # 101.26.22.117.00 (an old Girling part #). Thierry says they are also identified as Girling bolt # 64130342, but I don't know where he found that info.

Either way, if you happen to have any that you would part with, please let me know.

Thanks, in advance.

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian,

Well, there you go. I have no logical explanation as to why I never noticed that before. Sono così imbarazzato ?

Surely, this unabashed display of stupidity will motivate someone to take extra pity on me and come up with the four bolts I need.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Here you go four for $20.00 with postage. 40mm describes the overall length but I like most people measure bolts from the mounting surface and that number is 34mm. Fred.
932C0736-E81D-413D-97F3-D2586D41F14C.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fred,

Excellent. These are M12 X 1.25 X 34, right?

How much for shipping to Tulsa, OK?

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fred,

PayPaled the funds.

Can't wait to get them cleaned and plated!

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fred,

The four olts arrived today; thanks for the prompt shipment!

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fred,

After opening the box, I discovered that the bolts you sent are M12 X 1.5 X 35mm; I needed M12 X 1.25 X 35mm. It appears that you packaged up the wrong size bolts, by mistake. Please send the correct ones and I'll send these back.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Al,

Could you please check that again? I can't find any on the OKP, Alfaholics, Alfa Stop or Classic Alfa websites.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here is what I found:

https://www.alfastop.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi?prod_code=3BRF127

Part name: Dunlop front caliper mounting bolt

Alfastop product code: 3BRF127

Original Alfa Romeo Part No. for reference: 105.14.22.117.00

Model: Giulia 105 series

Quantity per car: 4

Typical Availability of this Item:
REGULAR STOCK

Quality Mark (icon)
Made In the UK(icon)

Price:approx. US$23.40
(£18.00) Ex VAT

The head is pre-drilled for lock-wire if required.

Exclusively made in England for AlfaStop.

Zinc & black plated, can be used as is or can be painted after installation.

This item is 1x bolt, 2x bolts are required for 1x caliper, 4x bolts are required for 2x calipers for 1x car.

I do not see he dimensions.

Al

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Al,

From what I have read online, these are UNF thread, 5/16"and not a M12 metric bolt, which I need.

Thanks for the effort!

Ray

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
I will dispatch the right ones today. I have a drawer full of caliper bolts and never realized there was a difference. Don’t worry about returning those, maybe someone else can use them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a box of partially threaded 12 x 1.25 x 80 mm bolts if you can extend the threads on the ones I have and cut them to the desired length.. If the calipers are Dunlop or Girling, I think it likely the bolts are not metric, but US threads. Maybe someone can chime in on that issue.

Ciao, Larry

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Just revisited this- every caliper bolt I have appears to be the same (some are a bit shorter in length) I tested them in the Dunlop and early ATE brackets and all 105 spindles. They appear to be 15/32” with about 16 threads per inch. Have you tried the bolts I sent in your brackets? Before I send another set of same.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fred,

I cleaned and wire-brushed the bolts you sent. The threads are all fine, but they are M12 X 1.5 X 35mm bolts. The Girling brackets are tapped M12 X 1.25; just one more quirky Alfa thing as every other Girling caliper bracket I have found on the 'net is tapped UNF threads with a bolt diameter of 5/16".

I have managed to locate, and installed two of the four M12 X 1.25 X 35 mm bolts that I need, but that leaves me two short. I've heard from folks all across the 'net, but no dice. They're gonna have to come from the Alfa community,.

Maybe the guys who raced, removed the front discs from their 64-65 Veloce Spiders and converted to the 3-shoe drum setup, saved the caliper mounting bracket & bolts. and will scrounge through their stash of long-forgotten parts and come up with a couple.

Thanks for trying, Fred.

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Larry,

I can cut the 80 mm bolts to length, but (and pardon my ignorance) what is meant by "extend the treads"?

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Larry,

I can cut the 80 mm bolts to length, but (and pardon my ignorance) what is meant by "extend the treads"? RE the Girling calipers; they have smooth bore holes. Only the brackets are threaded.

Sorry about the duplication. A notice popped up on the screen that said that the first post did not go through; strange.

Ray

1 - 20 of 20 Posts