Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD.Selling a completely rebuilt/restored Girling 1" bore master cylinder for 750/101 Giulietta 2-shoe drum brake cars using remote brake light switch,ie.,no hole in the endcap.It has a new stainless steel sleeve,new hardened piston,new,Made in England rebuild kit(new dimpled washer,all new rubber seals,bellows,etc..Assembled with red rubber grease for protection if not put in use immediately.Comes as pictured.$340.00 includes shipping and insurance anywhere in the USA

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
8,908 Posts
No intention at disrespect, but new units run 235 euro. While not OE Girling, I’ve used a couple with excellent results. First one I bought working great 10 years later.

I have actually had more problems with cracks in the old Girling cores. Heat and age stress, I reckon.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Don,I see nothing wrong with using a new reproduction master cylinder($270.xxUS dollars plus shipping from Classicalfa,so total is a little over $300.00).We put one on a friends spider this past summer and it works fine.One thing that might be of concern is when the time comes to rebuild one of these.Tony at Alfastop sells both long and short rebuild kits specifically for 1" Girling master cylinders,and says that these kits will not work with the new aftermarket products.Maybe Classicalfas' new aftermarket rebuild kit will work with their MC,but their kit is advertised as being for "Girling" units.The question would be is if Classics' MC and rebuild kits are made to Girling specifications,and if so,their would be more than one company making aftermarket Giulietta master cylinders,both with slightly different specs.,hmmm? I think that this Girling MC I'm selling with its stainless sleeve and new hardened piston should easily outlast the aftermarket part,with proper care as you give yours.Any input will be appreciated,Best Regards,Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts