Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for sharing the hilarious you-tube clip.

As for ghost riding, we have to remember when we see how stupid kids can be (even kids well into their thirties), that the society we have created to live in is to blame.

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
As for ghost riding, we have to remember when we see how stupid kids can be (even kids well into their thirties), that the society we have created to live in is to blame.
Yep because the "baby boomer" parents do EVERYTHING for their children and thus take any development and challenge out of growing up ... hence they get bored.

Treat a child like an adult too early and all you do is remove any sort of interest as they grow up and normally have to start making decisions. It also causes precosious (sp?) little children, that understandably grow up thinking their parents are stupid.

Many of the older ways of parenting are simply superior and more rewarding, especially for the child.
Pete
ps: All personal development courses are about giving people challenges to succeed in ... thus why do the "baby boomer" parents want to remove all challenges from their precious children?.

Just imagine the boredom :(. Heck if they want anything Mummy and Daddy will simply buy it :(:(

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
In high school I had a 1930 Ford Model A Coupe, that had a rumble seat and the rear window zipped up to let the air through.

Fresh air could be let in at the front by pushing open the lower part of the flat windshield.

This is how we would freak out drivers coming the opposite way-- run the car via the hand throttle on the steering column with both the driver's and passenger's feet being cooled up against the windshield.

The other trick was to drive down main street(all of two signal lights) and the passenger in the front seat would crawl back into the rumble seat as the passenger back there crawled out onto the fender, opened the door and got in.

You to be there and being 17 helped.:)

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Teflon soles:p
Or asbestos. Seriously, though, their feet must have been burning up. I was also waiting for one of them to hit the white dots (they looked to be reflectors) and do a face plant at 100 k/ph.

25 plus years ago, on the way home from a bar, my friend decided to stick his foot out of my moving car (we were doing about 40 mph) and skid it along while seated in the passenger seat--that lasted about five seconds. His foot hit a pot-hole, and sprained his ankle so bad he couldn't walk for about a week.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I have an IDIOT friend who while I was driving his VW bus thought it would be fun to climb out the passenger window and clamber onto the spare tire mounted on the nose of the bus.:eek:
We were in our twenties and he should have known better. Of course being in the navy as Combat Control he always had the balls. Last I heard he was back to Iraq doing his third tour after joining the Army:confused:

Oh well...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts