Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Fixes

On the marriott.com website, the group code needs to be seven characters. I called and the woman on the phone told me it was ALFALFA, which does appear correct.

I still completed my reservation on the phone, since they had no rooms available at the $109 group rate on the 22nd, as Rabhalter noted. However, my rep called the sales office and they extended the $109 rate to the 22nd.

Until it gets resolved, I would encourage those who are arriving on the 22nd to call central reservations (1-800-228-9290) rather than use the website. If you are arriving on the 23rd or later, the ALFALFA group code on the website should work.

These minor hiccups aside, very much looking forward to it. Thanks for organizing.

Jim
The code is just: alfa
Sorrry about the hiccup. We were provided a password for reserving by phone when requesting an online code.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i posted this in motorports....hope it's ok that i post it here too.

Is anyone planning to come to the Waterford races this year? They are the weekend of the 25th, so at the tail end of the convention week.

Here's some of the details...good deal about the payment too in case you're on the fence.

If we get enough racers, maybe we can have "alfa alley" in the paddock. Waterford also has a great viewing area to park some cars and watch the races,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

Hello Racers,

Hope to see you all back again this year. Registration is open and all details should be covered in the event description.

We try to make our event as user friendly as possible. We'd like to stress that although a credit card is needed to reserve your entry online, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED until you register in person on the event weekend. You can choose to change payment later and pay by check when you register, or choose to pay via the credit card you submitted with your online entry. There is no cancellation fee, however, if you are unable to attend after registering, we would appreciate notification in advance in order to free the entry spot up for another competitor.

We do this to encourage everyone to submit their entry early to help us with the race group formations. Early entry fees are only $335.00 if you register by April 30th. Fees increase accordingly as time gets closer to the event weekend.

So....not going to get charged until I arrive AND no cancellation fee? What's stopping you? Sign up now and pass the word along.

Once again we have something special in store for returning entries from last year's event! But, you'll have to come again to find out what this year has in store.

The competitor steak dinner was so popular we are bringing it back again this year. So if you or your guest prefer chicken over a steak, make sure to send us a note.

We look forward to seeing you all again this year and have contracted with the weather Gods for a nice dry weekend. Feel free to contact us with any questions by phone or email. [email protected] or 248-554-0094.

Cheers,

Joel and Kathy

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i posted this in motorports....hope it's ok that i post it here too.

Is anyone planning to come to the Waterford races this year? They are the weekend of the 25th, so at the tail end of the convention week.

Here's some of the details...good deal about the payment too in case you're on the fence.

If we get enough racers, maybe we can have "alfa alley" in the paddock. Waterford also has a great viewing area to park some cars and watch the races,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

Hello Racers,

Hope to see you all back again this year. Registration is open and all details should be covered in the event description.

We try to make our event as user friendly as possible. We'd like to stress that although a credit card is needed to reserve your entry online, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED until you register in person on the event weekend. You can choose to change payment later and pay by check when you register, or choose to pay via the credit card you submitted with your online entry. There is no cancellation fee, however, if you are unable to attend after registering, we would appreciate notification in advance in order to free the entry spot up for another competitor.

We do this to encourage everyone to submit their entry early to help us with the race group formations. Early entry fees are only $335.00 if you register by April 30th. Fees increase accordingly as time gets closer to the event weekend.

So....not going to get charged until I arrive AND no cancellation fee? What's stopping you? Sign up now and pass the word along.

Once again we have something special in store for returning entries from last year's event! But, you'll have to come again to find out what this year has in store.

The competitor steak dinner was so popular we are bringing it back again this year. So if you or your guest prefer chicken over a steak, make sure to send us a note.

We look forward to seeing you all again this year and have contracted with the weather Gods for a nice dry weekend. Feel free to contact us with any questions by phone or email. [email protected] or 248-554-0094.

Cheers,

Joel and Kathy

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
The code is just: alfa
Sorrry about the hiccup. We were provided a password for reserving by phone when requesting an online code.
BTW before I forget, please make a note to have a computer printout of the membership roster. I was asked for my membership card when I registered at the KY convention and didn't have it. Caused some unnecessary heartburn that a current list of owners at the desk could have avoided. They had no way to look it up.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The Welcome Reception will be at the Chrysler Museum, hosted by Alfa Romeo and Maserati. Special guests TBA. FCA is sending at least one 4C to the convention. A new Maserati Ghibli will be at the car show.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
This sounds neat. I had heard the museum was closed (?)...

The Welcome Reception will be at the Chrysler Museum, hosted by Alfa Romeo and Maserati. Special guests TBA. FCA is sending at least one 4C to the convention. A new Maserati Ghibli will be at the car show.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Correct. It closed to the public about 18 months ago. Alfa Romeo and Chrysler are opening it for us. Alfa Romeo and Maserati are picking up the tab.
Dave,

I'm thrilled...how nice! Does this mean that we will have access to the penny smasher machines for souvenirs? I saw the museum on the list of penny smasher machines and wondered how far it was from the hotel and also found that it was only open for special event rentals since June, 2013. The list indicates that they have eight designs available, unfortunately, none of them are Alfa related, only Chrysler and museum designs.

You can never have enough collections...spoons, tea cups, smashed pennies, green glass, dolls...you've got the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Museum

Dave,

I'm thrilled...how nice! Does this mean that we will have access to the penny smasher machines for souvenirs? I saw the museum on the list of penny smasher machines and wondered how far it was from the hotel
The museum (and Chrysler headquarters) is roughly three miles from the hotel.Many thanks to Tony DiMuro of Alfa Romeo for making the impossible happen.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
A producer, writer and camera person for Alfa Romeo will be at Waterford Hills, Welcome Reception, Autocross, Hoods Open in the parking lot, and Italian Happening. They want to film convention activities, the cars and interview people who are passionate about the Alfas and the club.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I will be in Chicago around the time of the convention. If I were to fly out there to Michigan for a couple days, can I attend the events even though I am not an AROC member?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Membership is required. It is an Alfa Romeo Owners Club convention. You may join AROC at the convention registration desk.

·
Registered
161 Posts
To Whom it May Concern,

Not sure if there is an official Q/A section for the convention, but I've just registered as a family, which includes my 4 year old (Matteo). Should I add him to the registration so that he can get a lanyard / photo etc.? Would I need to order a full dinner if he will be attending the banquet?

Thanks,

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here we go! An early low-nose Sprint Speciale was driven onto the hotel floor. The head of Alfa Romeo Product Planning showed up at the front doors with a 4C and let people crawl all through it. Tonight executives from Alfa Romeo and Maserati will greet everyone from the Welcome Reception at the Chrysler Museum and bring another 4C. This is going to be a blast!

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Ethanol-free gas near the convention?

Does anyone know if there are any gas stations in the vicinity of the Convention that sell non-oxygenated (ethanol-free) gas?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts