Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so every panel i complete i paint it semi gloss black, so i can see if the panel is perfect...most of the panels are done, just a few dings to work out, and that 'pebbley' finish on the lower rocker panels....propane torch:eek: and scraper..and it's off :).. the down side of painting my car semi gloss black.:confused:..at night the car is almost invisable.:eek:;). eather going for met. ruby red..or magenta.:cool::D. kind of like the latter, saw the colour in the nov. 2007 issue of 'automoble mag'..page 24 that euro ford fiesta.:cool:.cool colour..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey Bianchi, did you post pictures of the paiting process? are you a professional?

·
Administrator
17,811 Posts
When trying to get panels ready for paint I like to use contrasting colors of primer. Get the panel as good as you can in bare metal then prime it with one color primer. Then spray on a light coat - aka 'guide coat' - of another color. Give the panel a light sanding - the highs will show up where the guide coat is quickly sanded off while the lows will remain the second color.

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
..wopjob..no not a pro.. just saving some money,and getting a better prep job..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts