Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have knew her from her articles. She was the wife of Chris Obert, the Fiat guy from northern California. I was just made aware she passed away...

Condolences to the family

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
All manor of strength to the families, good people.
spent a a few decades raceing around.
God Bless please send good thoughts for them.
Peter S. batagios

·
Registered
333 Posts
In Memorium

Not be to techie, I don't know how to forward the note posted by Chris Obert on the [email protected] groups site so I'm taking the liberty of transcribing it here....

Dear friends,
I am writing this note to inform you that I will be taking a few short sabbaticals so I can wrap up the affairs of my wife Genny Obert. Genvieve passed on Monday, July 21st between 5 and 7:30 in the morning peacefully in her sleep from heart failure.
I was, as best as I can tell, either in or near the Dallas airport at the time as Rob and I were returning from the Freak Out. She was found by our son Jesse who is 13, who quickly woke up my daughter Molly who is 11. Genny had just celebrated her 44th birthday the day before, and from what I have been told it was one of the best and happiest days of her life. I had previously arranged a flowering Mum for my father to give her and had called from the autocross and sang her happy bithday with the help of a cute little girl and her mother, whom I do not even know.
Genny's passing is not a surprise for any of us that were close to her. We had all discussed this possibility, but her quiet nature and unwillingness to tell others of her physical problems has obviously surprised a great many of you.
Our Williams/Obert clan has decided to hold an informal celebration of her life here at our home in Santa Cruz California on Saturday, August 9th at 1 in the afternoon. It willbe a potluck. Please understand that I know most of you will be unable to make it and that is OK. If you feel you need to write a quick note, I will add it to the growing pile of best wishes I have started to receive. I will print them out for folks to see, and then save them for our children so they can help to remember their Mom and your thoughts.
Please direct you notes or request for a copy of her obituary to [email protected]
Donations in lieu of flowers, if that is what you feel compelled to do, are requested to a fund that I will be arranging for our children's college education. Genny has been working on a wonderful garden this year, her flowers will be enough.
If you need to talk with me you may catch me over the next few weeks at work, but the day to day affairs of our business I have entrusted to Rob Duncan. Ican also possibly be contacted at hom at 831-458-1692, but I request that you respect the wishes that both Genny and I had that if you need to talk business that you call me at work.
Genny was the kingpin of our business. We often called each other boss, but if it was not for her direction from the side, Fiat Plus would not be who we are today.
In closing, all I can say is that Genny wished for peace for the peoples of this world, for exploration of space as the first person on the moon happened on her birthday, and for more and better hugs. I missed my last hug, please go out and hug your loved ones and family one extra time.

In love,
]Chris Obert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts