Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm just finishing Resto. on my 59' Spider and alarmed to find that my Bosch Generator, (bought on Evil Bay several years ago, supposedly for a Giulietta), is "Reversed Rotation", (ie CCW)? I should have noticed the Arrow stamped into the body, but did not. Is there any way to make this Gen.charge when spinning CW?, (a friend suggested reversing the D+ and F Posts?). I've taken it to a shop and tested, it charges fine spinning CCW, but not CW.
If not, I am looking for another Generator. The Bosch # on my Gen. is 0101 206 102- 103 14v 25a. I can find No Reference/ Application Information. Thank You, Bob Lesher in Oregon

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
For electrical issues, I would recommend George Dolak, aka, GTD, here on the BB.

ATB

Ray

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Bob
In reply to your query - NO, there is no quick fix for using a CCW designed generator/dynamo in your Giulietta.

Can it be reconstructed to operate with CW rotation? - yes, but it really wouldn't be worth the effort and expense.

Phil has a freshly rebuilt BOSCH unit, I have a few originals .. as do many others.
I trust you are not intending to use a LUCAS voltage regulator/control box with a BOSCH dynamo - 'dat won't work !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts