Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Bernie,
As far as I know, the answer is yes, but I will confirm and get back to you. We should also be able to leave the car and trailer overnight Wednesday at the track if you wish.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
"Official answer"

Hotel:
Truck, trailer and RV parking is "out back" at the hotel. The east parking lot will be divided and the north half of it will be reserved for Alfas only. There will be no charge for parking for convention attendees during the event.

Track:
TMP is making parking available at the track for the duration of the convention, but there is not 24-hour security.
Normally the gates are locked overnight. we'll try and be sure that happens again on Wednesday night.
The track is quite remote. And from that there can be both good and bad assessments.
So anyone wanting to park at TMP instead of some other place, such as the hotel, will have to assess the situation for themselves and make their own decisions based on their particular assessment.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
General Convention Discussion/Remoteness

"Official answer"

...The track is quite remote. And from that there can be both good and bad assessments.
So anyone wanting to park at TMP instead of some other place, such as the hotel, will have to assess the situation for themselves and make their own decisions based on their particular assessment.
What exactly does remote mean? Non-plumbed, porta-potties only? The detailed convention schedule indicates that the track is 90 minutes from the hotel. Does that mean 90 minutes of narrow, winding, twisty roads without passing? Inaccessible to emergency vehicles? Miles to the nearest city with facilities?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What exactly does remote mean? Non-plumbed, porta-potties only? The detailed convention schedule indicates that the track is 90 minutes from the hotel. Does that mean 90 minutes of narrow, winding, twisty roads without passing? Inaccessible to emergency vehicles? Miles to the nearest city with facilities?
Like most race tracks, it is not close to highly populated areas. It is not right off the highway, but is not in the middle of nowhere either. There is also running water, flush toilets, and you won't have to chase down your lunch:D

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Convention Hotel Selling Out!

Our Convention hotel reports that there are only three rooms left from our initial block of rooms. We have asked them to add more rooms and they are working on it. These additional rooms are likely to go quickly as well. If you want to stay in the centre of the Convention action,you are advised to book your hotel rooms without delay. Visit the link below to make your reservation and take advantage of our special Convention discount before it expires.

Delta Hotels and Resorts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Is the normal group of vendors attending the Toronto convention? In Lexingtion there were many discussions and concerns about the vendors having problems shipping their products in and out of Canada. The "Vendor Room" always seems to be a major part of conventions

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Is the normal group of vendors attending the Toronto convention? In Lexingtion there were many discussions and concerns about the vendors having problems shipping their products in and out of Canada. The "Vendor Room" always seems to be a major part of conventions
Yes we are expecting many of the usual vendors. They are being approached now with information on what's involved in bring goods into Canada for sale. It isn't too onerous, basically list what your bring in for sale and for display. Then do the same when you leave. There is no duty on items valued under $25.
We will also have some unique Canadian vendors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Aurora Borealis and Convention Schedule.

Diana and I Will be in Canada from pre-convention tour until departure on 30 June. New moon is JE 19th. (post convention we have four nights in St. Hippolyte Quebec) Given the solar activity this year, what are our chances of Aurora views (at the convention, whilst in Canada) ?Good, fair, none? For us lower latitude visitors, this could be a real treat (This is a bucket list item!)

Thanks for any thoughts/tips on this topic.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett

Alfetta Automatic Sport Sedan (with 1990's Motronic Spider power)

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Covered Bridges

How many of the bridges on this list are near the convention hotel, on the way to the race track, no longer exist etc.? I recognize that Ontario is a large area; this list says it was current as of 2011. And yes, we have this thing for covered bridges and go searching for them at every convention.

Link: Ontario Covered Bridges List

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Nice. Although some of them may be too small for an alfa to drive across! :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only historic one I see on this list that you can drive across and is within a resonable driving distance is #59-50-01 "Kissing Bridge" outside Elmira, ON. It's about 1hr and 15min drive NW of the convention site. Not quite in the same direction as the track though. It can be a very nice (but longer) drive if you take the back-roads instead of HWY 401

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Covered Bridges

I'm impressed with the list - the fellow who complied or maintains this list is certainly thorough. It appears he has included every covered bridge anywhere in the province, including pedestrian bridges over major highways and covered bridges in miniature golf courses. The "Kissing Bridge" does look as though it will handle an Alfa.

Very cool!

Mike

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Yes, me too. Fitting with the super celebrating it's 50th anniversary this year. Looks like that Giulia is just about to overtake that Dodge.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'm impressed with the list - the fellow who complied or maintains this list is certainly thorough. It appears he has included every covered bridge anywhere in the province, including pedestrian bridges over major highways and covered bridges in miniature golf courses. The "Kissing Bridge" does look as though it will handle an Alfa.

Very cool!

Mike
It will Mike. This is from one of the Toronto Club's Sunday Drives.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Nice photo, Ken. If I survive the Board meeting, maybe I'll get to drive over that bridge, unfortunately not in an Alfa unless someone gives me a ride.

Mike

21 - 40 of 51 Posts