Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
General Convention Discussion / Local Resources

Just an FYI, folks, something you may want to jot down or print out here, the hotel is convenient to the downtown area and the following services:

MEDICAL- St. Joseph Hospital emergency entrance is literally just across the intersection.
PHARMACY- A Rite Aid, next door to the hotel, just off South Broadway.
COMPUTER SUPPLIES/ACCESSORIES/REPAIR- Our sponsor for the Self-Guided Tours kiosk, Kentucky Trade, is just three blocks down South Broadway, right onto Red Mile Road. For anything related to your laptop, tech gadgets, cables or troubleshooting, Ky Trade expertise is 5 minutes away.
TIRES- Towery Saunders is across the street from the hotel, selling most all major brands of tires.
GASOLINE- A Shell and a BP station are within three blocks of the hotel.

There's even a donut shop across the street. There goes your last excuse for not attending Alfas in the Bluegrass!:D
Dave,

Thanks. Useful information.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
...There's even a donut shop across the street...
mmmmm donuts...
Well, now you know where I am hanging out.

Alex, nothing runs like a Deere ;)

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Registration -- for convention AND hotel

Alfisti! I don't want to go off the edge repetitive, but if you're registered for the hotel, but have not yet registered for the Alfas in the Bluegrass 2011 convention, then don't put it off any longer! Go to the website Alfas in the Bluegrass, click on REGISTRATION, and you can do so online. Or, you can print out the registration form, fill it out and mail it in with your check/money order.

Why you ask? Well, there's a donut shop across the street from our hotel, and it will be a fantastic, memorable convention, to give you two good reasons!

And (you know what I'm going to say, right? :rolleyes:) if you are registered for the convention, but have not reserved your hotel room, be advised that even though there are sufficient rooms available, there is a finite supply. Again, go to the website, call the Crowne Plaza reservations number at 800-951-4667 (reservation code ROC), and book your room for the convention.

The three organized tours (Horse Farms, Bourbon Distilleries, and Horseback Riding) are very well attended. Alfa Touring (pre-convention tour) is also very popular, and other events are likewise showing lots of interest. Gas prices are going down, and unless you drive your Alfa like I drove my old Giulietta Sprint back in my high school days, yours probably gets 22-25 mpg, so fill up that 12 gallon tank, and head for the Bluegrass in July!

Have a great weekend, friends.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Child Care needs

Alfisti friends -- From our convention registration data, we know in advance who may be needing qualified child care. But if anyone else may be needing this service during the convention, you can either let me know directly here, or via the convention website e-mail link.

Note that this service is being offered only three specific times - during the Welcome Reception (Thursday evening, July 14), during Friday night's Parking Lot Party/Swap Meet, and for the Banquet Saturday evening. Should they wish to do so, parents and caregivers can leave their infants, toddlers, or small children (under 6 years) at a designated child care area within the hotel while attending these events.

Thank you, and it won't be long!:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
David, we plan to register the Time Trial participants at Putnam Park. Please let us know if you are competing, doing the track touring, or just stopping there on your way to Lexington. What name did you register under? (a private message is OK). We will find a way to accommodate your needs. And, thanks for attending.

It's getting close and I am getting the final route planed.

Can we start our convention experience at the Putnam Park Road Course on Wednesday OR do we need to go to the hotel and register first ?

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Car Wash information

Folks-- just some basic information here on the car wash Friday, 7/15, the day before the Concours.

The car wash will be set up at the side lot of the hotel, just around the corner from the Alfa parking lot at the rear entrance. There is ample space for washing 2 or 3 Alfas at a time, and sufficient hoses and buckets will be available. Once you are finished washing, we ask you to please move your car over to an adjacent space for drying, so the entire process can move along. We will furnish the following on site:

--hoses and spray nozzles
--separate buckets for washing painted surfaces vs. wheels/tires
--a good quality car wash liquid

You will need all other materials and items to wash and clean up your vehicle, including (but not limited to) sponges, cloths, wax, detailing attachments, brushes, etc. If you have a preferred car wash, you may use that of course, in lieu of what we provide. Extra new drywall buckets will be available.

We realize prepping your car for the Concours is something you will have thought about, and packed for, with your preferred cleanup gear. For this reason we're not going to keep sponges, cleaning cloths and/or towels on hand, because you just don't know if somebody has wiped off the underside of their car with that cloth you're about to apply to your paint. Got it!

I will bring my big old Craftsman shop vac (16 gallon) for interior/trunk cleanup, and you are most welcome to use it (away from the wet areas!).

The car wash will run all day Friday, so everyone should have time to get prepared. Our 15 year old son Mike and a helper will be overseeing things, he's a gearhead also, very hands-on and helpful. The idea is the same as the convention in general, that everyone enjoy themselves and their Alfas.

So let me know if you have any questions, and we'll see you in a couple of weeks! :eek:

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Attenzione fellow Alfisti --

We are offering for pre-sale the official convention polo and tee shirts. The polos are quality Adidas brand, in white, with the official Alfas in the Bluegrass logo beautifully embroidered by convention sponsor Novelty Rabbit. They are available in sizes S through XXL in both ladies and mens styles, and are priced at $35 each. I can tell you personally they are very comfortable, and the quality is first rate. The mens style seems to run a bit large, while womens style seems to run small relative to nominal. These polos in popular colors will be available by order at the convention.

The traditional convention T-shirts are also available, featuring the same inspired logo silkscreened onto a top quality Hanes Beefy white tee. These are available in adult sizes S through XXL. These tees seem to run fairly true to nominal size, as I wear an XL, and I am 6 feet and 212 pounds. They are priced at $15 each.

Please respond to this offer now to reserve your shirt(s) for pickup at the convention. And many, many thanks for your support of AROC and Alfas in the Bluegrass! We'll see you very soon, and have a safe trip. Viva Alfa!

Dave Jarman
Hotel Chairman
Alfas in the Bluegrass
2011 AROC national convention

Attachments

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Har har har ... good luck on that one, Murray.

Hey I could swear I saw that guy in some of those "seen in Wal Mart" photos once!!!

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
OK Jerry, that's fine. These Adidas shirts run a bit big in mens and a bit small in womens style. The XL I bought is a tad large for me, but the L is just a bit too "confining", let us say.

We're out of mens M, L and XL at this point, but they'll be available again soon after the convention. The supplier can ship directly to the customer. They can also provide the same polo shirt in colors (stop by the Novelty Rabbit vendor setup at the convention).

·
Registered
146 Posts
dinner train?

We had signed up for the dinner train, but never heard anything. Did it get canceled due to lack of interest?

Wandered out to the parking lot late tonite to check out the 4 Spiders parked out back...nice white 1750 roundtail and 3 s4s...!

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Benvenuti Alfisti!

Welcome to the Bluegrass, Alfa conventioneers!

My name is Bo Gray and I live here in Lexington, center of the Alfa Universe for the next couple of days. I am an avid hobby photographer with a particular interest in vintage cars, planes, trains, boats...about anything mechanical.

I'll be roaming around town, looking for Alfas and I'll be posting my Alfa photos on Flickr...if you happen to see your car, don't hesitate to contact me either via this board or via Flickr and I'll be happy to email you a file of the photo. Since photography is a hobby for me, I am glad to share my images with car owners.

My Flickr site is here:

Flickr: bogray's Photostream

Here's a shot that I grabbed today at the hotel.

I hope everyone has a terrific time here in Central Kentucky...there is a lot to see and do while you are in town.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
We had signed up for the dinner train, but never heard anything. Did it get canceled due to lack of interest?

Wandered out to the parking lot late tonite to check out the 4 Spiders parked out back...nice white 1750 roundtail and 3 s4s...!

Mike
Mike:

The dinner train did get canceled due to not meeting the minimum attendance. Stop by registration and they'll help you with getting a refund.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Alfas In The Bluegrass is over. Before the organizing committee works on all of the cleanup activities, summaries, etc. we want to thank everyone who attended (last count:410). Without people, there can be no convention, so to all of you who attended:

THANK YOU...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Alfas In The Bluegrass is over. Before the organizing committee works on all of the cleanup activities, summaries, etc. we want to thank everyone who attended (last count:410). Without people, there can be no convention, so to all of you who attended:

THANK YOU...
Thank us, bull hockey thank you. Where's everybody's photos ?????
Am I gonna have to threaten to post that video ??

Let's: see em .. :):):)

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.