Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am setting my #681 GT Junior for Portland International Raceway and was wondering if any of you folks from up there can help me with the following.

Should I run a 4.56 or 5.12? Also, if they use the "festival cuves" would that make a difference for my gearing set up on the front straight. I am concerned with that and the back straight.

Feedback is appreciated. I know there are other people on the BB who are wondering the same.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I too am one of the many concerned racers for that weekend. I am thinking that a 5.12 is best, but should I try to get a limited-slip, It is awfully rainy in the northwest area.

Anyone got any ideas??

Richard

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
richard,
i sent my entry in today. i will be testing the day before the event. worst case..we take both rear ends up, try them both on friday and run the best one for the weekend. i am sure we will find out the right gearing. i emailed a couple guys who live up there. i will post what they say on this thread.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I ran the Portland Historics 2 years ago. Had a 2 liter with a 4.56 rear and a 0.93 fifth; redline at the end of the straights was about 7500 rpm. I seem to recall that McKee had a 1750 with a 5.12 rear and a 0.85 fifth.

My advice for a good lap time: at the end of the rear straight, brake hard/4th gear/turn in/full throttle/drive your wheels over the left and right berms(don't lift)/brake hard for the last turn.

Good lap times are 1:31's.

Have fun.

Alfa-sport

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

I just spoke with someone up the seattle area and he suggested i run my 5.12 and .85 fifth at portland.

Gonna talk to one more person tonight and I will post what he says.

We still have some time before a final decision is made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts