Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to sort out the gear lever for the newly acquired 33. I hear the bushes aren't available as an original part anymore so where can I get a set?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Im guessing the shift you are describing is the 1.5L one? with the fork that attaches to the gearbox mount? If so you could replace it with a 1.7L set up for a nicer more positive feel, or else try the Spare place or Turin down here in Adelaide, they may still stock the parts.

·
Registered
755 Posts
the 1.7L shift mechanism is different altogether. Instead of the cast fork with the bushing in the top for the lever to pass through, the 1.7's have a simplified mechanism. The lever has the bush included in the base of it and is attached directly to the gearbox mounting. The 1.7 gearbox mount is different to the 1.5, so you would need the whole caboodle...

heres a pic...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow you learn something new every day....

I've got a few boxes at home from various cars including 1.7ti/ie's and a p4 box, and none of them have that setup ..

lenus.

·
Registered
755 Posts
wow, I find that a bit strange, as all 1.7's Ive seen have had this mechanism. My series 2 33 and my brothers series 3 and various parts ive come across known to be from 1.7's..how strange. Well if you can find one it takes a lot of the slop out of the shift...less parts = more direct shift...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions. I have sent it off to the mechanic to sort out. The arrangement at the top does not look ricambo originale. It's far too neat and simple. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts