Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This issue has escalated so one must nurse the gear change to avoid crashing on changes.

I first thought this might be syncro rings but now believe it to be clutch related.

I have had premium transmission fuel installed and the clutch bleed but this has not resolved the issue.

I understand there is a small push rod that is inclined to break, but don't believe this is the problem.

Any thoughts or advice??

Thanks

Kim

·
Super Moderator
11,437 Posts
Have you watched UNDER the car to confirm the hydraulic cylinder IS operating the clutch? You could have a bad clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder. Bleeding the clutch will not adress tired cylinders. Is your transmission the correct type for your transmission?
The push rod does not change length by itself. If the clutch operated correctly at one time, and does not now, it is not the push rod, but failure of one of the cylinders.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I understand there is a small push rod that is inclined to break, but don't believe this is the problem.....
what model alfa?
you probably mean the clutch pivot arm?.....and that would certainly cause crunching the gears......before it breaks completely, it can twist and your clutch would not engage fully.......first sign of this would be your clutch pedal hangs a little lower than the brake pedal.....does it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts