Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the metal part they'd sell. Preferably in good (non rusty) condition?

I'm thinking of buying speakers for the rear side panels but they are too deep to fit because of the metal/rubber hose. I'm thinking the metal hose could be cut at an angle, take out a wedge, then weld up. I figure as long as the line remains at least at an angle downward it should be okay.

Has anyone done this along with anyone with the metal hose section they'd sell?

This is for an Alfetta GT, though assume the GTV6 is the same, and the car is my only daily driver, so prefer not to experiment on this hose/pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
In my car I found that the shallow mount Pioneer 6.5" speakers actually fit without interference...have you looked at those?

I actually may have that part! I will look tomorrow

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I have the extra metal section for the upper portion that goes from the gas cap to the rubber connector tube. Mine is from a GTV6, if that works for you. I can send a pic to help confirm, if you like.

Also, on my current GTV6 summer ride, the last owner placed some monster rear speakers onto the package tray, as opposed to the side panels. Your other option may be to consider that... and I could sell you some fresh side panels to replace the ones you have, with the speaker holes cut into them? Mine would be minus any cut outs. Your call.

I can send a pic to show my speakers on the package tray, if that would help your decision.

Cheers, Peter
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peter, thanks lots. If your GTV6's metal pipe looks like this one and is held on with four smallish sheetmetal (might be threaded screws) then I'd like to get it from you. Can I assume the 'step-down' pipe inside that is there for unleaded only gas pump nozzles is there? I took mine off in '78 since leaded was still available and now I have to stand there and hold it in place when filling up.

Are you talking about GTV6 or Alfetta GT rear side panels? I'm looking for the GTV6 ones (in very good condition) with the thin black carpet glued on. Do you have two pairs of rear horizontal side panels, one is without and the other is with the holes cut out? If the latter, does it look as if a 6.5" speaker (like these) would fit? If not I'd prefer the uncut one.

Also, what do the GTV6 rear side panels look like which are below the rear side windows and partially cover the wheel wells?

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
i looked at my spare filler neck...its rusted through...sorry

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'll try to find some time tomorrow to check into pix and answering those questions.

e-mail me directly, if you would. It's a little quicker to add attachments, and swap notes. Then if we want to put those pix on this forum, too, for others info... we can still do that.

Any other GTV6 bits while I'm looking?

Cheers,
Peter

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brenden, thanks for checking for me. It's always appreciated since I know that sometimes checking requires a bit of looking around.

Peter, if the rear side panels (below the windows) are something that would work with my new front door panels/cards that could be added to the list. Obviously I'd need to see a photo.

This is a bit much to ask, but do you have a pristine black trunk floor carpet? I find it interesting in that the carpeting on the rear (movable) parcel tray/door, the molded trunk side carpeting, and the floor carpet are all slightly different.

You can email me directly at [email protected]

·
Registered
606 Posts
Biba,

I had same problem in my Alfetta GT, plus I was trying fix fuel smell issue.

My solution was off to the auto parts store with hose in hand, the fix was two different Gates hoses with metal coupler in between to drop below speaker and maintain slope into tank, total cost was like $14.

Thoughts,

ncng

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi Biba,

E-mail sent... with several pix. Let me know if we are on target, and I can make a trip to my remote stash to look for a best example on any of those that make the team.

Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts