Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like new, purchased new from Centerline several years ago part number GT201 . for my 64 Giulia TI but it doesn't fit right. Advertised for GTV and Super but the filler neck is about 2 inches short and an inch farther back when installed in a sedan. No wonder the rubber elephant trunk wouldn't fit and i had to cut it to fit around the neck

It has the bayonet filler neck and a drain.
The car has been always garaged and not driven in rain. Gas tank looks new inside and out.
Located in Miami, asking 150.
20200730_114326.jpg
20200730_114336.jpg
20200730_114326.jpg
20200730_114336.jpg
20200730_114342.jpg
20200730_114357.jpg

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picture of the interior.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The original filler neck is taller, i was going to solder it on but the new tank neck looks welded.

·
Super Moderator
10,929 Posts
the filler neck is about 2 inches short and an inch farther back when installed in a sedan.....The original filler neck is taller, i was going to solder it on but the new tank neck looks welded.
You could saw the neck off the Centerline tank about 1 - 1.5" above the top of the tank. Then use a short piece of fuel-resistant hose (NAPA stores sell it) and a couple hose clamps to splice the taller neck to that 1 to 1.5" long stump. You could also orient the neck 1" forward to position it properly at the top.

Admittedly this would be a bit of a kluge, so if you want to reject this idea, my feeling won't be hurt.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never thought of that, ....but now CA sells the specific tank while CL still advertises it as dual applications.....called them up to advise but they, of course don't know anything about it.

·
Super Moderator
10,929 Posts
Here's how I used that sort of a splice to lower the filler neck on my Sprint GT. It also makes it easier to install the boot around the filler.

It might be cheaper/faster/better to just make this sort of a modification to your Centerline tank, rather than buy a second tank from CA and hope that one fits.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Hi. How long is the filler neck? What is the part number? How much?
Thanks, James

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The neck is 20 to 21 cm from the tank to the opening. As measured from the right side of the neck with a tape.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's how I used that sort of a splice to lower the filler neck on my Sprint GT. It also makes it easier to install the boot around the filler.

It might be cheaper/faster/better to just make this sort of a modification to your Centerline tank, rather than buy a second tank from CA and hope that one fits.

View attachment 1641284
Jay, looks like a clean install!
Question, is the top wobbly?

·
Super Moderator
10,929 Posts
Question, is the top wobbly?
No, not at all. The walls of that hose are reinforced with cords and fairly thick, so it doesn't flex. And the two steel tubes that it joins are pretty much butted, so there isn't a lot of unsupported hose to deform.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, not at all. The walls of that hose are reinforced with cords and fairly thick, so it doesn't flex. And the two steel tubes that it joint are pretty much butted, so there isn't a lot of unsupported hose to deform.
Thanks Jay....I'll keep this solution as a back- up for sure.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts