Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 74 spider's fuel line exits the gas tank at the bottom inside corner then passes about 2" below the exhaust pipe just before the rear muffler. This scares me. I can't seem to find a route that keeps it a good distance from the exhaust. It's an ansa exhaust system that has seen better days and i'm wondering if the stock system has a different curve or any ideas on how to make this safer.

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,002 Posts
option.. you can get a tank out of a later car..77 and later.. but nake shure that that one has a in tank lifter pump. easy fit.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Just below the tailpipe is indeed the correct routing of the fuel line. It should however be sleeved in metal armor. Is it? Or is it just a rubber hose? If just a rubber hose, install a length of 1/2" Greenfield (flexible metallic tubing without the wires) available in the electrical section of your favorite home improvement center.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, it's just rubber gas line. I thought about some electrical conduit also.
But still, if that exhaust ever dropped it would take the gas line and me with it.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,637 Posts
They do sell new hangers and if yours are original it's a cheap fix for a lot of peace of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts