Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody knows where to buy one checked all not availble may be leads or how to make one for 1969 spider series 3/4 will not work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The title of your post is pretty clear, it says:

Gas/Fuel flap cable

The link that @6alfas shared is for the trunk cable. I've bought one from Centerline and it fits and works just fine.
Is it fits for gas flap cable same length or need to be altered thx

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Well the post title is what caught my eye because my car does not have a gas filler door cable. I purchased a new boot release cable from Alfaholics that was about 2 Ft to long. They told me it was all they had. I thought maybe they shipped the wrong one. I decided to reuse the old sheath (correct length) and cut the new cable to length. It won’t be the sheath that ever fails. Also planning on second emergency cable too.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
There is only one cable on the 69's through the S2's (for the trunk release) unless someone has swapped the B-pillar trim with the later version from an S3 and added the fuel door latch/lock and retrofitted the fuel door with the release. The B-pillar trim is different on the roundtails so it would take some mods to make that work. As Brian mentioned, if there is a cable for the fuel door, all you have to do is cut the trunk cable down to make it work. You can always go to a bike shop (if they're even open these days) and buy a replacement cable/sheath.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts