Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear BB,

Unfortunately for me, I finally lost the original rubber gasket/seal inside the gas cap on my GTV6 as it's been loose for a while now.

I have a makeshift rubber ring in place but it isn't pretty and more importantly it is not doing its job.

Where can I get a proper replacement and what should I use to glue it to the metal on the inside of the gas cap given that there's gas & fumes involved?

Thanks guys & gals!

·
Banned
764 Posts
You can get some rubber gasketing from a parts house and make your own as I'm getting ready to do on my '89 Biturbo. I'm going to use Grey Silicone and let it set before installing as the Grey doesn't out-gas.

·
Banned
764 Posts
Antani,

I'll probably be doing this quite soon and did prelimenarily inquire at the typical supply shop. I'm definitely going to do the GTV6 fuel cap at the same time.

What prompted this action is my Biturbo sat for some time and condensation created a serious problem with the fuel system. I start the repairs and don'tcha just know it! There's NO rubber gasket on the inside of the gas cap which is very bad for this car. It's a Spyder and the filler is located on the RH Rr boot deck - horizontal that is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts