Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Alas, can't help you there. Maybe do a general web search and see if there is another 105 BB somewhere.

Chinese posts remain on the 164 site of this BB. Notice that they all reference Canadian Colleges/Universities?

·
Registered
844 Posts
This is how I get rid of them.
Open one up
go to the user name and click on it
on the right hand side there are three dots, click on them
It gives you the option to ignore all that senders posts.

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
That's one of the things your premium membership buys you.
I am getting them like crazy. 164 section is FULL. Report tool has been useless to me. I have reported many things with no response. This happened to my website, it's a robot thing.
Mine were Russian though. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,351 Posts
Alfajay said: That's one of the things your premium membership buys you.
I was mistaken. That post has now been deleted.

Steve105's suggestion in post #22 seems to be the only defense.

To ignore a user like klfjasf07 click on their user name. A screen will come up with their profile with the word "ignore" close to the center of the screen. Click on "ignore" and you will no longer see posts from klfjasf07. Of course, if he creates a new user name, like klfjasf08, we are back in the same situation.

·
Administrator
3,721 Posts
Folks we're all a little frustrated with these posts, I'm now getting up an hour earlier (way before sunrise) to be the BB janitor before my overworked colleagues on the Western side of the Pond have to take over from where I left off when I go to work. I get home 12 hours earlier than they do, so pick up where they left off. These random posts are generated by software driven spam bots. We ban the user as soon as we find these cretins, but as Jay said, there's no guarantee that they won't pop up again under a new name.

We had a rather large arsenal of tools available to us as Mods on the old system, but the new system has very few tools, so we're trying to keep things afloat with very limited 'abilities' to effect change behind the scenes - we have requested these functions from the IT folks who own the site.

Ciao
Greig

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Beginning to appear that the old BB format and software was in fact a little better. Certainly, now, the new BB format doesn't appear to provide any advantages for my use.

·
Administrator
12,074 Posts
They will eventually get on top of this

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Crusty Brian! Just crusty! Love it!
G.

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
I was mistaken. That post has now been deleted.

Steve105's suggestion in post #22 seems to be the only defense.

To ignore a user like klfjasf07 click on their user name. A screen will come up with their profile with the word "ignore" close to the center of the screen. Click on "ignore" and you will no longer see posts from klfjasf07. Of course, if he creates a new user name, like klfjasf08, we are back in the same situation.
Good luck with it. Pain I am sure.

·
Super Moderator
10,351 Posts
Interesting that (from Australia) I've NEVER seen any of this spam in any bb forum....
Vince:

It isn't clear what you are saying. Is it:

- I've NEVER seen any of this spam on the Alfa BB

or:

- I've NEVER seen any of this spam on other internet discussion boards besides the Alfa BB ??

If you aren't seeing it on the Alfa BB, it may be because we moderators are deleting it pretty quickly, so it could have disappeared while you weren't looking.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Don't feel special. This Chinese crap also comes up on the Giula (new) and Stelvio Forums. Verticalscope needs to exterminate these pests on all their forums.

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
"Verticalscope needs to exterminate these pests on all their forums"

Yup. Took a look at the Chevy SS forum, since we now own one, and sure enough, they've had their problems with this as well. Have to laugh, seem to be a different set of car owners as well.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts