1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
I don't get those? Weird!

·
Push hard and live
9,347 Posts
I’m a premium member, but my post feed this morning was full of Chinese gibberish.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plus...for every one of these posts.....I received notifications in my email. I'll have to cancel all email notifications from this BB if this is not corrected........little by little......this kind of garbage is eroding my desire to visit the BB.

·
Premium Member
15,632 Posts
"I am beating the table with the developers "

I don't envy your task. I could never deal very well with code developers in my line of work.

·
Premium Member
15,632 Posts
BTW, on another subject, the spell check system in this forum is kinda strange and doesn't seem to work very well, with funny glitches sometimes, not picking up misspellings, etc. Doesn't work nearly as well as, say, the process in Thunderbird for instance.

You might ask them why.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
these critters are all over the place now, pages of the things, it's an invasion:)

.....but only on ABB, not on alfaowner (yet) even though both sites are owned/run by the same people.

and as an aside, is the "report a post" button no longer available on this new site?

abb screenshot.jpg

·
Administrator
3,728 Posts
In their infinite wisdom the site owners & developers did away with our old 10 post rule and also did away with most of our Moderator tools.... Brian is not kidding when he says he's been beating the table with the developers.... we are spending chunks of our day deleting these cretins

I suspect they are spam bots as once they log in with a random name, they populate whole pages with gibberish

Apologies to all that are affected, we're clearing up as fast as we can, with luck the developers will heed our call for Moderator tools

Ciao
Greig

·
Super Moderator
11,438 Posts
Not being as computer literate as some of the other moderators... I think now might be a good time for me to take an extended vacation. I had some worries about the "new" format, but this is a disaster. Members constantly PHONE or E-MAIL me reporting that they are DONE with this nonsense and will go elsewhere for Alfa information. It's getting pretty clear that the owners do not really care.
As usual, just my opinion from my own observations.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Thanks Alfajay for the tip where to find "report" button

loads more garbage posts (164 forum this time) just appeared this very moment, best way to find them is just click on new posts.

I wonder why (even though they are in chinese) each posting has a name in English of a different US University?.....wierd stuff going on.

·
chiuso per ferie
11,783 Posts
The owners are disconnected, but there are some on the development team that care and see the big picture. The one contact I have at VerticalScope who sees the big picture and "gets it" is moving on. If there is no one to take her place that has the listening and understanding skills that she has, we are all in deep doo doo.

I spend a god part of every morning going through the new members to see if they are spammers of legit Alfa Owners. Today, I must have deleted over 100 of the spam posts. The tools that we are given do not work worth a (insert your choice of word here).

I have other interests in life and they have nothing to do with Alfa Romeo or doing janitorial duties. I am really sorry, folks.

·
Premium Member
15,632 Posts
We appreciate your hanging in there, and would understand if you were to bail. Wish we could start a new forum with a different/new company. When it comes to online forums, are these people a monopoly?

·
Premium Member
15,632 Posts
Ok, now this morning, for the first time, I have gazillions of chinese messages on the BB. So far, they seem to be only on the 164 section.

Won't be long before I'm out of here.

Update: Ok, an hour later, they are gone. Thanks.

·
Administrator
12,137 Posts
So much information here, guys and girls if you do leave where they heck to we get this information?

Restorations will be compromised.

Pete

·
Premium Member
15,632 Posts
Sigh, more chinese in the 164 section. Getting old, guys.

AS for old 164 info anyway, you can go back through old records to see the 164Digest info. At least I used to be able to do that after it died. That site was a treasure. I really miss it.

·
Administrator
12,137 Posts
Del, cool re 164, but I need 105 series info.

Pete

1 - 20 of 36 Posts