Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a page from Andrew Watry..

I'm hosting a garage sale on April 17, 2011, at my house in Boxborough Mass. I've got piles and piles of stuff from many cars I've parted out over the years, and many parts stashes I've accumulated. Most items are from the late 60's/early 70's through the late 80's. I've parted out many Spiders (I think I counted 7 hoods!), GTV, Berlina, Alfetta, GTV6, and Milano.

I'm hoping to monetize some of it, but I'm more interested in clearing space and simplifying my life, so there will be some givaways too.

I don't have a specific list of things for sale, and I don't want to catalog and ship stuff. Please, if you're local, just stop by and take a look, you'll understand..

Date: April 17
Time: 10:00 AM - ???
Address: 40 Jenks Trail, Boxborough, MA 01719

Questions - email is best, [email protected].

Thanks,

bs

·
Registered
218 Posts
Cool Brian, haven't been to your barn in a long time. I should be able to make it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Is this going to be like concert tickets? Will you have a waiting line before the start and will you give out wrist bands for the order of purchase?
We'll try to mount an expedition from Ct.
KG

·
Premium Member
22,166 Posts
Wish I could attend. I've been to Brian's a couple times, but never with the prospect of buying, or being given, parts. Drool.
Good luck. My yard sale last summer was fun, cleaned out a lot of stuff, made a little money, helped folks out, and I made a bunch of new friends. However, I already need to do it again.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Funny - all the years I lived in Boston and I think I saw an Alfa maybe twice. I knew lots of Volvo nerds - thought that was the be-all-end-all of European cars back then. Little did I know.

I share Andrew's sentiment - wish I could be there. I'm ready for a West Coast garage sale whenever, also. I've got Spider bits piled to the ceiling in my shop...

cheers,
Brian

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this going to be like concert tickets? Will you have a waiting line before the start and will you give out wrist bands for the order of purchase?
We'll try to mount an expedition from Ct.
KG
Knowing my Alfa friends, there won't be any lines to purchase anything. But people will be swarming around the free stuff.

I'm flattered that people would be willing to make a long drive. I will try to make it worth your while..

I've gotten a lot of remote inquiries. I'm not near there at the moment, so I really can't check. I will keep my eyes open for requests as I'm setting stuff out. But those who show up (with cash) will have first dibs. I really don't want to deal with packing and shipping..

Thanks all!

bs

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,635 Posts
****, time for me to schedule a trip to visit Staples again. :) Seriously, next time I'm in Boston er Framingham I'll let you know, I'd love to say hi, see the infamous barn, and maybe take some Berlina parts off your hands.

Ciao!
Ian

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Are we still on for the garage sale Sunday? Thinkin' of coming down to check it out!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Brian,
I'd love to know about your GS! It looks like there are a lots of folks here who once live in the metropolitan Boston..... I lived in Cambridge Mass from 1984 until 1996.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brian,
I'd love to know about your GS! It looks like there are a lots of folks here who once live in the metropolitan Boston..... I lived in Cambridge Mass from 1984 until 1996.
What would you love to know? It's a garage sale, and will take place on April 17, from 10:00 AM until everything is sold.

I don't have time to do a proper inventory. I will try to take some pictures over the next couple of days as I drag things out, and I'll post them here maybe Friday or Saturday.

The first four people to show up will get free Spider hoods! Whoo hoo!

bs

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are we still on for the garage sale Sunday? Thinkin' of coming down to check it out!!
Yes we are!

I'm starting to get a little worried about parking, but I'll do my best to jam everybody in. If worst comes to worst, we can shuttle people over from the Holiday Inn..

For everybody, Jenks Trail is really a zoning excuse for a long driveway without enough frontage on the main road. My house is the one up in the rear. I will make as much space as possible in the main driveway, and everybody is welcome to park on both sides of the driveway on the way up, but please don't park in my neighbors drive (the yellow house on the right).

Looking forward to Sunday, and a hopefully lightened garage!

bs

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
. . . The first four people to show up will get free Spider hoods! Whoo hoo! . . .
Any 'door prize' for the furthest traveled? Only a short 10+ hours but further enticement might be helpful. :D

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
For Sale Garage Sale -- Boxborough, Massachusetts

Any 'door prize' for the furthest traveled? Only a short 10+ hours but further enticement might be helpful. :D
Is this a mini-AROC convention? ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts