Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Alfa published tech specs and parts manuals list the Weber 40 DCOE 4 (Solex 44 PHH 2 as an alternate) as being fitted to engine type 00502 Giulia Sprint GT and GTC models.

The DCOE 27s were fitted to the Giulia Sprint GT Veloce and Spider 1600 with the 00536 engine and, starting in 1968, the 00526 & 00526/A engined Giulia Supers and Spider Junior 1.6 as well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Awesome information thank you. I must have read it for the later Sprint GT and assumed it was the same. It looks like I will be shopping for some good 40 DCOE 4 cores. I think I will still start my engine with the 27s and tune them in so I know they are good. Then I can sell them as ready to go for a 1600 with good conscience.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
The Lockheed boosters are round but very square shaped. Almost like a cooking pot. I know later on the Lockheed tended to only come on the sedans.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I think ATE where available from 1967 (?)

First 1966 duetto were fitted with Dunlop, isn'it ?

Yes, chevzy, start with what you have, you'll have plenty of time to put the engine back into the right configuration when the time comes.

Important thing is to drive the car :)

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I think ATE where available from 1967 (?)

First 1966 duetto were fitted with Dunlop, isn'it ?

Important thing is to drive the car :)
Yes, that is correct!

·
Registered
657 Posts
The Bonaldi booster and later Benitalia boosters were just licensed copies of the Lockeed booster, they all look the same basically but early Lookeeds were cast iron body rather than aluminum. 1969 Berlinas and some other models got a new style Lockeed booster, it is larger and very different looking.

I have a couple original 1963-early 65 Lockeed boosters in stock.

I also have some early big top DCOE 4's

Alfa Parts Exchange (925) 200-1998

·
Registered
821 Posts
What year were the ATE brakes available?
This is an interesting question.

The ATE brake package started out as
Dunlop upright
ATE caliper
ATE Adaptor plate for ATE caliper to Dunlop upright.

The ATE brakes were an option for the 1966/67 GT Veloce (see parts book), but were standard equipment on cars from around June 1967 (as per my car) and then homologated in late 1967 for the GT Veloce. (parts books also refer to ATE brake package on 1966/67 1300 GTJ)

Then later in 1968 for GTJ and 1750 GTV the ATE brake package finished up as
ATE upright integral with an adapter as one piece unit
ATE caliper
Cheers Steve

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Just for info, someone cleared my picture of 1600 zagato engine bay, on post 36, or I dreamed of having put it ? And if so, why ?

Chris

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Lots of progress over the past few months. Just a few more minor details and she will be on the road for tuning. Hopefully getting the top done in the coming few months.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts