1978 Spider 2000 Veloce/115 series 2a; 20,084 original miles.
Cleaning out the garage we found Nana’s 1978 Alfa Romeo 2000 Veloce Spider. It was her “midlife” sportscar purchased new in Phoenix, AZ; it moved with her to CA in 1983 (still has "vintage" blue/yellow CA plates) and again to IN in 2006. Always garaged, rarely driven, last maintained by Barber’s Auto Shop in Sacramento, CA. Photos show authentic garage patina.
- Car is located in Bloomington, Indiana.
- VIN AR115910005362: i.e., Alfa Romeo; roadster body style 115; the 5362nd Series 2a car built for the US market.
- 20,084 original miles
- Clean CA title (Duplicate issued in 2016, because original was lost.)
- Original owner’s manual.
- Starts, runs and drives.
- SPICA Fuel Injection: The Thermostatic Actuator (TA) needs to be rebuilt. Thermostatic actuator controls richness for cold start. Currently runs rich and fouls plugs. For more information on SPICA system see Dave Strus’s youtube videos.
- Last I checked: Centerline International Rebuilt TA Part #F1448 Price: $385; Core Charge $150; Total: $535; $150 refund when one sends back malfunctioning rebuildable TA.
- All gauges & lights work. Except left rear blinker does not work.
- Dave Strus, midwest region Alfa Romeo specialist, surveyed the car in 2017. (He diagnosed the bad TA). He left convinced this is an original, rust free, unmolested, survivor.
- No rust.
- Solid floor pans.
- Rocker panels with factory seams.
- Missing rear deck luggage rack; mounting holes still there.
- Pristine interior.
- Color of seats & door cards: Cinghiale (Italian for “Wild Boar”) also called “Pigskin” in period brochures.
- No splits or cracks on dash
- Top replaced. No cracks or rips.
Contact by cell or text: Peter Cowan 812.361.9539 / Lauren Cowan 812.369.1446