Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I been looking to create a garage door opener using something that looks like the original Alfa switches. I had an old window switch that I thought I would use for this project. I did a continuity check using a multimeter and found out which terminals made contact when pressed. I then temporarily wired the Alfa switch to my visor door opener circuit board. It worked great. Just need to package it up and install. Luckily, I have an empty switch spot in my 91 Alfa so I can install it in the console. So my problem has been solved, an OEM switch to operate my garage door. What do you all think? Much better than a opener clipped to the visor in my opinion. If anybody wants one let me know! I think my next project will be a USB charger incorporated into my hazard switch.

I was able to use one part window switch and one part fog switch. I can control two garage doors and still retain the fog option. Here is the finished product installed. The board is tucked under the ashtray. Works great.

·
Registered
what part?
10,926 Posts
just get one of these...
Picture 1.0.png

·
Registered
what part?
10,926 Posts
a teenager..

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
229 Posts
I think this is a great idea - bookmarked for later. Think I have room for to when the day comes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts