Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, attic too....posting stuff on ebay. More to come tomorrow, just a heads up.

eBay Seller: universible: Parts Accessories, eBay Motors items on eBay.com

So far I have up the following:

Exhaust manifolds from a late 70s Spider (not sure of year)
Shankle Sure-Start (used)

Later today:
4 wheel center caps
2.0 (SPICA) cams
70s Spider glove box door
2 different types of locking gas caps (with keys)
Late 70s Spider door hinges

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I missed your post earlier. The Sure Start was sold. I have put up some more auctions and am pokin the pig for letting me post the links here (hope that's ok). The stuff is all from a bunch of parts I got with my GTV and I'd love to see them go to AlfaBB folks that need them. If you are local let me know and we can forgo the shipping costs and all that.

GTV Shiftboot cover - from a 72 to 74 GTV?

SPICE throttle bodies

SPICA 2.0 camshafts

Late 70s Spider shift lever

Spider door and hood hinges

115 series Glove Box door

Locking Gas Caps

Transmission Inspection Plate cover

Clutch Forks x 2

additionally I have some left over NEW parts that are past the return time from IAP. I'd rather sell them here than pay a restocking fee.

New leather outer shift boot cover - $20 - this will fit any Alfa with a center console (from the looks of it, I can supply a parts number if you want to verify), but I bought this for my 74 GTV, upon inspection the one on my car is in great shape, was just dirty.

2 part rubber boot for a 74 GTV transmission tower. - $10 - If I remember right this is the middle boot...the inner section goes over the transmission tower, the outer around the transmission tunnel opening lip.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I checked Wes Ingram's Spica notes and the TA protrusion should be 27mm min. when Hot. If your TA is getting only 7mm.....it probably needs a rebuild....hopefully the bidders on this part will be aware of this.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I checked Wes Ingram's Spica notes and the TA protrusion should be 27mm min. when Hot. If your TA is getting only 7mm.....it probably needs a rebuild....hopefully the bidders on this part will be aware of this.
If you're only getting 7 mm you're not reading it right. The measurement should be from the bottom of the flange (the piece th mounting screws go through) to the very end of the little piston.

-Jason

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Jason, thanks for correcting me on that. Indeed, the total length (when end is protruding) should be 27mm. Dang it....I missed out on that auction TA as a result of my misunderstanding that!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Jason, thanks for correcting me on that. Indeed, the total length (when end is protruding) should be 27mm. Dang it....I missed out on that auction TA as a result of my misunderstanding that!
From what I've seen, a good T/A has the plunger/piston protruding a little bit when stone cold, and maybe 1/2 in or so when warm. If the plunger is recessed when cold it probably needs a rebuild, but a quick bath on the stove will tell for sure.

-Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts