Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1972 GTV with Montreal Engine and 4 weber carbs

Just noticed this. I have no relationship to seller.

Ebay
item: 150376665519

cheers

S.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, I checked that out too, and while I'm generally not a big fan of engine swaps, I thought it was cool as hell, and its price seemed low to me.

How much more weight did he put up there with the Montreal engine?
How's that gonna affect the handling?
What kind of performance can be expected of such a set-up?

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
I'd but it if it was on my side of the world. I don't think he got his reserve. Wonder what he wants for it? It was tempting!!

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
" BUY " not but Too many Margs

·
Registered
4 Posts
That link would work, except the listing is no longer active. And even if I could view it inactive, there wouldn't be a link to contact the seller... eBay has apparently updated their security policies recently, if a listing isn't active and you haven't had prior contact with the particular seller then you have no way to contact them.

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
How much more weight did he put up there with the Montreal engine?
The 2.6 V8 weighs about 162 kgs (357 lbs). The ballpark figure for a 2000 Nord is ... what? 120-130 kgs (~280 lbs) with ancillaries? Th ZF gearbox is about 35 kgs.

How's that gonna affect the handling?
What kind of performance can be expected of such a set-up?
Hard to say since the ad is a bit sparse on suspension details. The heavier Montreal had an advertised quarter mile time of 15 seconds and about 225 km/h top speed. You'd probably want an LSD to get the 200hp/235 Nm to the ground in a proper fashion.

200 hp GTVs do exist, so it's probably "just" a matter of weight distribution and setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts