Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI: The 6C2500 #915829 (claimed to be the ex-Eva Peron car) seems to be for sale in Urugay. See this thread.

No affiliation, etc.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Just got an e-mail from the seller, and the price is firm at 125,000 Euros. I seriousdly doubt if the car will bring that kind of money. I think it is worth 60,000 to 75,000 Euros "as is"...

Guess I was wrong about current prices, as Symbolic is asking $795,000 for the totally restored (to Pebble Beach condition) Alfa 6c2500 Villa d"Este berlinetta they just got!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,210 Posts
I suppose one question is the premium that celebrity ownership adds. Certainly Elvis' Cadillac is worth a lot more than a Caddy owned by some nobody. Steve McQueen's Lusso sold at Monterey this year for a big premium. I guess the issue becomes how much of a cachet Eva Peron still has fifty plus years after her death, and to people in the car-collecting universe.

Alex had written: "This could be the last days of the bubble ...". I agree, we could be near the end, but perhaps not. The number of wealthy collectors has expanded a lot over the past few years, with the emergence of Russian oligarchs, Indian dotcommers, Chinese manufacturers, etc - it isn't just Texas oil millionaires bidding against Europan old money and Japanese industrialists anymore. Prices could keep rising as more rich people compete for a fixed pool of vintage cars. Perhaps some South American tycoon will see big value in Eva Peron's Alfa.

Or, perhaps not - I don't pretend to a) know the value of these cars, or b) have a crystal ball.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hallo Ruedi, gibt es eine kontaktadresse für diesen 6C ? kannst du mir eventuell behilflich sein ? schick mir bitte eine private nachricht
beste grüsse
bernhard

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
can anybody give reliable information for the confirmation, that the peron-car?
this car #915829 is produktion in middle of 1949 (15.7.1949) and exported 30.12.1949 to mr. ferruccio guidini to mondevideo - urugauy. the engine is original number 928142. It is obvious, that the car at the time to date in urugay.
it looks, this is not Perons-Alfa.
tubut, from where is your information, thats the peron car its ought to.
best regards
bernhard

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts