Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on how to remove a fuse. My courtesy light in the glove box does not work nor does the seatbelt buzzer. I've tracked that back to FUSE 1 - 16 amp. I cannot get the darn thing out! Any suggestions on how to pull that out. Is there a special tool I need? Any help is appreciated - demsaul

·
Registered
what part?
10,124 Posts
just push back on the top brass thing( kind of springey) and the fuse will drop out..better yes.. unplug the battery, remove ALL the fuses, clean the contact points with a small brass toothbrush, then put the fuses back in..

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
It's pretty hard! I usually long thin needle nose pliers. PLEASE DISCONNECT THE BATTERY 1ST!!!!!!!!!
The Tabs are pretty strong. I also get contact cleaner at your local hardware store as well as any abrasive material sand paper, file, emory cloth clean the tabs. Place the new fuse using the pliers as well.
I would also check the condion of all the others as well. Pull the whole fuse box out.
Push it up by the Hood release lever and slide it out of the steering colum bracket.
Comes out a foot for ease of access. Snap off the wire cover and take a glance at the connections in the back. Brown wires NOT good. Cars OLD! "A good fuse is a blown fuse cause it worked"

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I need some help on how to remove a fuse. My courtesy light in the glove box does not work nor does the seatbelt buzzer. I've tracked that back to FUSE 1 - 16 amp. I cannot get the darn thing out! Any suggestions on how to pull that out. Is there a special tool I need? Any help is appreciated - demsaul
I could be wrong but I think all of the fuses in a '79 are supposed to be 8 amp.

Drew

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. I did get the fuse out but plan on cleaning all the connectors this weekend. dems

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
One of the reasons the diagrams are 'most excellent' is that they are revised when new or additional information becomes available. Most of the time, this information comes from vehicle owners themselves taken from actual vehicles. So it is you, the users of these diagrams, that help make them what they are.
This may be why the R5 version of the 1979 diagram, dated July 2010, shows the #1 fuse as being a 16 amp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts