Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1750 GTV US specs 1969
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

the fuse 1 in my 1969 GTV 1750 is out. I replaced with a new one ( it is a 16AMP) ) and immediately (not even ignition on) it broke. I obviously have a short circuit there. Does anyone know to what the fuse 1 corresponds?
I have the diagram i\and it goes to the ignition switch and also to the door pillar light switch and independant interior light switch and interior lamps. All working great. How can I find what is causing the trouble?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
#1 should also go to the lighter. I would start by disconnecting the lighter and see if it still blows.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Interesting enough, on Jim's colored diagram, he showed that all fuses were 8 amp except for 1 and 12 which are 16 amp.

Is that fan switch off of the #1 fuse? That should be easy enough to check. If it wasn't the lighter, or the fan switch, you'll need to pull the fuse and start checking circuits to ground with an ohm meter. I would start by disconnecting the lighter and seeing if the short is in the lighting circuit. You may have to disconnect each door switch separately, checking for a short on each one. It can be a long and frustrating process but with much satisfaction when you find the culprit.

·
Registered
1750 GTV US specs 1969
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the advise. Will proceed methodically and hope to find the culprit! Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts