Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Alfa, 91 164, with a few issues I’d like to tackle. A few electrical things, so wish to get into fuse/relay box under left dash. Seems there’s supposed to be a ‘safety knob’ Under drivers wheel....I don’t have, guess it got broken off. When I spy up the hole, I see what may have been a bolt, or key, but is now possibly drilled out? Any idea how that fastener works ? Was the knob a screw bolt or some kind of latch ? Any advice that get that panel out gratefully accepted!

·
Premium Member
26,739 Posts
If that center fastener is missing not to worry. What is actually holding fuse panel access door shut it two spring loaded clips, Just smartly frap the left side of door edge in the area just below the left side a/c dash vent with the palm of your hand. It should pop open and drop down on the rear hinges.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Like Steve says or if the fastener is out you can usually just pull the door open and lower it down until the two thin straps hold it. The fastener is a bolt with a large plastic head similar to a wing nut. You should be able to find it on eBay from one of the many folks parting out 164's. You may have to ask a few sellers for this specific part.

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If that center fastener is missing not to worry. What is actually holding fuse panel access door shut it two spring loaded clips, Just smartly frap the left side of door edge in the area just below the left side a/c dash vent with the palm of your hand. It should pop open and drop down on the rear hinges.
With the huge cold snap we are in I didn't want to hit anything too hard, and it did take a rubber mallet,
but she opened up nicely.
Thanx guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts