Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, all fourteen terminals of my fuse box had continuity. Then, I managed to blow a fuse while searching for a directional signal failure. I replaced the fuse but now only terminals 1-8 have continuity, 9-14 do not (the fuses are ok).
Looking at the back of the fuse block is intimidating so before I proceed, I'm looking for some advice. Is there a common power feed that cause terminals 9-14 to go offline? It seems to me something may have come loose and caused the continuity break.
I've read the threads about cleaning the fuse block and will do so but right now I am apprehensive about digging in to the fuse block until I hear from the collective knowledge available.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I tested all the terminals with the ignition turned on. Fuses 1-8 were fine but 9-14 are dead. I have attached a spreadsheet that I am using to track the progress of my analysis.
By the way, I tried to download your wiring diagram where the link is located but could not get it to work.
In a related question, do the Veloces and Graduates from the same year share the same harness even though the Graduates do not require certain circuits? Ex: Fuse 1, has a green terminal but it is for power windows, which Graduates do not have.
Thank you very much for your help,
Joe

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,370 Posts
The wire diagram I attached is a snip from one of PapaJam's (aka Jim Neil) awesome color coded diagrams. You can get your own copies by sending him a PM (include your email address and details about the model Alfa you have).

As for the Alfa wire harness - I do not know for sure but I'd be willing to bet a large sum of your money that all the same year Spiders have the same wire harness. So those without features such as power windows just have few unused wires.

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
Yes, I tested all the terminals with the ignition turned on. Fuses 1-8 were fine but 9-14 are dead.
Normal (if the headlights are off).
To power up 9-14, turn on the lights (including highbeams).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuse Block Failure - owner error

Thank you Papajam and GHNL,
In case you have not figured it out, I'm not very good at this. Your observations were 100% correct as I now have all fourteen fuses functioning. I was under the mistaken belief that the power side of the fuse block was always hot, but once again, I was wrong.
Now back to my real mission, getting the horn to work, which of course will require a new thread.
By the way, I will send a PM (private message?) to order a wiring diagarm for my 85 Graduate. I have a large, laminted blowup but a color version would be very helpful.
Thanks again
Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts