Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
I have begun to sort out some of the electrical gremlins on my car. Now that it is getting to stay cold out, I thought a functioning heater sounded nice.
I put in the new heater fan today and discovered my switch is broken also, one output works and the other doest (and has been soldered by someone previously).
Looks like I need a new switch, simple enough.

I continue and realize fuse #1 blows every time I try to replace it, according to the wiring diagram this fuse has 3 wires on it, 1 goes to pin #1 on the horn relay, 1 goes to "courtesy light and switch", and the other goes to the key buzzer.
Is the "courtesy" light the light on the bottom of the mirror?

With only 3 wires on this fuse, I would like to think this shouldn't be a rocket surgery problem to fix. But I was not sure what "courtesy light" meant.

Since Ive had the car, the lights on the door cards and mirror light (just learned there was one) haven't worked, the seat belt light stays on and the "brake" dash light stay on.
The button on the console, labelled "throttle", which I also just learned about today, what is its purpose? I see i have a "throttle" dash light, I cant recall that one working.

Im hoping this will be all there is to my electrical work, I know the wires on my brake reservoir are broken and thats why that light is stuck on. Fuse#1 is my real target though.

The bulb in the mirror is not blown.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
13,177 Posts
Is the "courtesy" light the light on the bottom of the mirror?
Yes and if the two wires going into it are crossed you will blow fuse #1 when the switch is operated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts