Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I thought I would share an amusing story...

Today while on my way home from work, I decided to be lazy and pick up sandwiches for dinner at a Wawa convenience store. For those not in the north east USA, Wawa is a great place to get cheap gas, have fresh ready made to order dinner food and sandwiches as well as excellent morning coffee.

Any who, while inside I noticed this bunch of kids say maybe 15-16 years old hovering around my black 164 S. As I watched, I wondered what the heck they were doing.

When I walked out, approaching my car the lead kid asked "Hey Mr. Is that your Alfa Romeo?" Stunned that the kid actually pronounced it right... I asked where he heard of an Alfa Romeo...

He then proceeded to say that it was such a sweet car, and wished he had one.. I asked again, how do you know what this is...

His reply: They are in my video game, and proceeded to say that he didnt think the car actually existed....

Ah times have most certainly changed...

Just thought I would share:

Cheers Fellas
Martin.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Now that is a cool story!

You can see by the current commercials and video games that the programmers and writers are Gen Xers and late baby boomers and Alfa is in their subconscience.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The Alfa Romeo Brera is one of several first-level default options in the game "Need For Speed: Carbon" that came out in December 2006. The sound of the Brera is certainly different than the other cars even on my old X-Box. Alfa unique, with that lovely, throaty growl.

I'm not sure how much Alfa paid to get their car into that predominant level, but it certainly took me by pleasant surprise!

-Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts