Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fixed all three Alps printers I bought. One has a blown element in the head, but the other two work just fine - as good as new. I had to get more than one printer to see how they should work and so that I could fix them. I know why they dont sell these anymore - what a PITA to repair. One of them I had to reassemble the head five times before I got all of the gears in just right, and that took me more than two days.

Anyway, here are those 1900 shock labels printed on one of the good printers. Yes Serge, I did not get a chance yet to make the G even bigger. I was playing around, and I may be able to reproduce the radio emblems by casting printed cardboard in resin. Here is a 2000 emblem printed on just paper without the cross and dragon (too impatient to test) - I think it looks pretty neat!

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Doug,

I don't know anything about those Alps printer : How do you manage to print gold and "chrome" ?

The result on the radio emblems is very, very nice.

What are your forecast regarding these radio emblems ?
Personally, I'm still working on fast prototyping. I should receive my heating button soon. I will share the result with you.

Congratulation and "see" you soon.

Serge.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Serge,

The printer can print white, foil and metallic colors as well as all regular colors. It uses CMYK instead of RGB which is a little bit of a pain. The special colors are done by setting unique codes in the design for the color like 225,160,0 is gold foil. Then you load the correct cartridges and then print.

If you have an issue with the heater plates, I could print some backing plates which would come out shiny silver and black. I never found a way to make or paint shiny silver and gold until I tried the printer.

Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts