Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's baaaaaack. eBay 230187913121

Nothing at all wrong with the listing, except for the fact that the photos & description have been "recycled" to yet anther 0 feedback seller, and the fact that an LHD S2 coupe has the chassis number of a RHD S1 coupe to try to make it untraceable. But hey, other than that, what a bargain...

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is getting to be a drag. Is there anything we can do to this guy? Is there any risk to sending a nasty message to this guy? Will he hack my account?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes, it was one of Jaan Horst's cars ... he's aware and has told e-bay. But the post is still there!

Peter

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I e-mailed Jaan yesterday evening, before I posted it here.

The listing is still up, but I don't expect it to make it to the auction deadline. When someone did this with my car a month or so ago, I went to eBay's security site, and they took the listing down in a few hours.

Dave, there's always a risk in sending a message from a traceable account; I wouldn't advise any direct action or confrontation. More to the point, it won't do any good--these guys have no shame.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The eBay user (w_herald) have been removed from eBay. Clicking on his username brings up "Listing removed". The non-auction will obviously not see completion ...

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I figured this was a scam *sigh*, thanks for confirming. I thought it was Jaan's car and I'm pretty sure the pictures are his, from in front of his house, but I wasn't certain. I had it up on my computer this morning and it was up t $3500 or so, with 15 bids, then pressed "refresh" and and it was down to $2.14 and 1 bid (as of 2 pm PST)!?!? I think I'm officially "over" eBay...:rolleyes::eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts