Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well, bad news. Car arrived late last night, and promptly rolled off the car carrier, and was hung up on the ramps. 2 hours later, and with a lot of help from the AAA, I got it home, but not under it's own power. Still can't get it started. Going to try some starting fluid. Grrrr....

Think I'm going to need the akitaman!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
holy sh*t, Kraig. hopefully it only involved the front valence, and not the subframe or subframe mounts--the subframe is critical on these. if it's just the valence, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, and a good body shop can handle it (speaking of which, you oughta call Adan about this).

·
Registered
830 Posts
oops

Well, bad news. Car arrived late last night, and promptly rolled off the car carrier, and was hung up on the ramps. 2 hours later, and with a lot of help from the AAA, I got it home, but not under it's own power. Still can't get it started. Going to try some starting fluid. Grrrr....

Think I'm going to need the akitaman!!
OOPS no problen is just a scrach let as know if you need some help to star it. send me a private masage with your address. adan

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well, got the little puppy fired up. Holy crap, it runs great!!! The synchros seem to be pretty worn, but as long as I take it easy between shifts, it seems fine. Had it to a cruise night last night in Northridge, and it sure attracted it's share of attention. Spent an hour cleaning out the garage last night in sweltering heat, but managed to squeeze it in up against the wall. I now have 3 cars in a 2 car garage!
I'll take it to the body shop where Ann had her 280SL painted in Van Nuys. Those guys seen to know what they're doing. I forgot to mention that I was so pissed at the truck driver, that I refused to pay the $1000 fee. My parting words to him: Go ahead, take me to court! I don't think I'll hear from him again :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Kraig,

Looks GREAT! The Campys look perfect on it. Looking forward to seeing it in person tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Gez, what a great looking car! I had a trucking company do the exact same thing to a car I bought a few years back. Every since then, I do not allow them to off load the truck with out me or one of the guys in the seat or ground guiding it off the the truck. None the less, that is one cool car. There's one here locally I see from time to time that the owner has done some extensive suspension upgrades. It sits a little different (lower) but it cuts the turns like a knife.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Gez, what a great looking car! I had a trucking company do the exact same thing to a car I bought a few years back. Every since then, I do not allow them to off load the truck with out me or one of the guys in the seat or ground guiding it off the the truck. None the less, that is one cool car. There's one here locally I see from time to time that the owner has done some extensive suspension upgrades. It sits a little different (lower) but it cuts the turns like a knife.
Thanks!

As a kid growing up in Japan, we had an Akita dog. In Japan, the accent is put on the first "a", where in the US, the owners put the accent on the "ki". The full name for them in Japan is akita-ken, named after the prefecture where they orginated. Great dogs!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Hi Kraig. Your right, great dogs. My wife and I have owned (or rescue society adopted them) for over 20 years. We've always enjoyed there company. We were suprised at how many rescue groups there are in your area (L.A.).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hi Kraig. Your right, great dogs. My wife and I have owned (or rescue society adopted them) for over 20 years. We've always enjoyed there company. We were suprised at how many rescue groups there are in your area (L.A.).
My girlfriend is a dog breeder, and we're well aware of the great things that the local rescue groups do.

You might say you're doing your part in helping rescue fine Italian machinery!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kraig, just out of interest, how did you locate this car? Looking on the internet it is hard to find them in classifieds in the US other than the occasional ebay appearance.
Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Kraig,

The car looks great. Congrats. Did my friend Jim end up buying your Honda? He mentioned to me last week that was going to look at it after leaving our shop.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Kraig, just out of interest, how did you locate this car? Looking on the internet it is hard to find them in classifieds in the US other than the occasional ebay appearance.
Cheers, John
I actually found it on this forum. The former owner is a big Alfa fan, and he had posted that he was selling the car sometime back in March. I just searched old threads and found his email adress, and wrote him.

Sometimes, you just have to do some detective work!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Kraig,

The car looks great. Congrats. Did my friend Jim end up buying your Honda? He mentioned to me last week that was going to look at it after leaving our shop.
Anthony:

Was that Jim Rad-something in Simi? He called me, and I told him to come over right away, and that I had a couple of interested parties. By the time he called me back later that day, I had already sold the car to a guy nameed Erik who works for American Honda Motor in Torrance.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Yes, that's the same Jim. Sounds like it went to a good home.

Anthony:

Was that Jim Rad-something in Simi? He called me, and I told him to come over right away, and that I had a couple of interested parties. By the time he called me back later that day, I had already sold the car to a guy nameed Erik who works for American Honda Motor in Torrance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Some new pics of the Fulvia. This has quickly turned into one of my favorite cars, and everytime I take it somewhere, people want to know what it is. Most think it's an Alfa, some have even commented it looks like an old BMW 2002.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
It is a great great looking car. I was at the Portland ABFM last weekend drooling over all sorts of British vehicles (mostly Elans, I feel a need for a 2nd Lotus in the garage) when a close to mint Fulvia pulled into a parking spot on the grass. Absolutely magnificent - and compared to most of the British stuff - a real gem.

The fellow that owns was very happy to own it - he just got it because he knew the previous owner and it was for sale - not because he was looking for one. I do not blame him - it looks great...

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
That's an S2--maybe '71 or '72?--and very nice (even with the wood dowel for a hood prop). And they're as sweet to drive as they are to look at; maybe not the fastest cars on the road, but utterly viceless handling.

·
Registered
830 Posts
as always a beauty to drive

That's an S2--maybe '71 or '72?--and very nice (even with the wood dowel for a hood prop). And they're as sweet to drive as they are to look at; maybe not the fastest cars on the road, but utterly viceless handling.
this cars are always fun to drive, and very rare to see in this side of the globe. it is good to see them even more in Los Angeles area.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 98 Posts