Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a nice Fulvia 3 on eBay (160159336645).

There are one or two slightly questionable aesthetic choices (non-standard grille badge, polished cam cover) all of which are easily fixable, and it has the white instrument faces, which aren't my favorite, but it's a very clean car in very nice condition. It's a (slightly) transitional spec car; everything is S3 except the rear badging, which is S2. And it has the optional alloys that were made to resemble the factory steel wheels.

The seller's explanation of 'a friend of a friend bringing it over from Italy' may be a bit of a fairy tale (why do people make up stories?). This same car was sold around April 2003 on eBay by a St. Louis dealer named MotoExotica for under $6800; they in turn bought it at auction in Atlantic City in late 2002 for something around $5000. (Yes, I have been tracking Fulvias for a while now; I came close to buying this one from MotoExotica, and still have the eBay description archived--chassis number is the same).

The seller is right about one thing, though; he's put some work and money into it. It's in even nicer shape than it was in 2003. And stories aside, it's a very nice example of the last series Fulvia coupe.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The car was serviced at Giovanni D'Avola's Autosprint in Chicago. He should be able to give an assessment if anyone is interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts