Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, nice to meet you!

I'm Marcos Blanco Fernandes, mechanical engineer working at Studio Salzano (São Paulo, Brazil) and responsible for the construction of a TZ2. We received a project from a client who bought it from an Italian company (we have no further information of the project's origin) and will build it with 4130 Cr-Mo tubes with a full aluminum body. Alfabb was already a valuable source of information, where I could find some details we needed to start the project. Right now we are "decoding" the 3D project of the chassis and suspension before we can start welding things up.

Meanwhile, we are gathering all types of information on suspension and steering system and as you all might know, we really have to dig information of this car to find something good. I come here with the hope that you could share some information with us since we are having some issues with missing parts.

I will list the questions I have and also will post a picture of a Maserati so you can see what will the project be like (body).

1 - Is the steering knuckle the same as the one used in Alfa Giulia? We found it to be very similar by pictures, but don't know about the dimensions.
2 - What are the dimensions of the bearings used in the rear halfaxles mount?
3 - By the 3D project, I can see that the front tubes are angled upwards, probably to help with the anti-dive performance of the suspension. Can anyone confirm that?
4 - Does anyone have the dimensions of the steering arm? We don't have it in the 3D project. A good superior picture can help.

I would appreciate if you could post some detailed pictures of the front and rear suspension mounts.

As long as the project goes I will post the progress and will ask for your help if we experience new issues.

I appreciate all the attention for now, best regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Good luck with this project. Sorry I can't be of any help to you. You may need to make a trip to the Alfa Romeo Muso in Italy. Please check that they have one before going there. I guess that you realize this is a very rare car...

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts