Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Looking for some advice. My spider was manufactured late '77 and has carbs. I removed the fuel tank sender and it's completely seized. It's a jarger unit and note that there is no outlet pipe, only the electrical fittings. I can't find a replacement from the usual suppliers, so would welcome any suggestions. Thanks!
IMG_7202.JPG

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,036 Posts
What I see there is just the sender, readily available. Do you have the pump? They are available too. What is not so available is the hanger that the pump firs in and holds the whole apparatus together....

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
its carbs model, so his sender has no outlet.

I think what people do is buy a normal sender with the outlet pipe, cut this off and plug it up.

unless someone is making the 'sender only' again?

or you could try fix it like here:
Fuel sender issues

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,036 Posts
Oh! Nice to know the difference! Seems like getting a newer style and just sealing the pick up tube should be fairly straightforward. That is if the VR characteristics are the same over the years, for accuracy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its carbs model, so his sender has no outlet.

I think what people do is buy a normal sender with the outlet pipe, cut this off and plug it up.

unless someone is making the 'sender only' again?

or you could try fix it like here:
Fuel sender issues
Thanks for the info. I'm going to give this a try. Seems like a simple enough rebuild.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts