Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spare fuel tank that I would like to get restored to install in my 1980 SPICA equipped Spider as soon as the white crap finally melts away. I know that this fuel tank comes from a car that was converted to Webers. What are the differences betwwen fuel tanks? How can I tell if my spare tank will work on my SPICA car?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Marc,

I Just Went Through This On My 74 SPICA Spider (except I went from SPICA To Webers). Since My SPICA Tank Was Shot I Purchased A "Euro" Weber Tank (I tossed [recycled] the SPICA tank). The differences I Noted Are The Following:

Weber Intake Tank Throat Is 45mm Diameter (I needed to change the hose and neck), SPICA Is 58mm.

Weber Has No Vent And Fuel Is Taken From The Sending Unit On Top, SPICA Has Vent & Return Port And Fuel Is Taken From The Bottom Front.

-John

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Marc,

Your tank looks different then my SPICA did; Is this a later Bosch Injected tank? It looks like you could probably use it however, it doesn't look a whole lot better then the one I tossed. New tanks are not that expensive these days (compared to redoing an old tank).

-John

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This tank is pulled from a 1979. I would be extremely surprised if it weren't original to the car so, likely SPICA. Whish I had access to my driver Spider to confirm. I was under the impression that repro fuel tanks were a bit problematic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts