Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Silicone and gas do not go well together if they are in contact. My experience is that the gas expands the silicone and may plug fuel lines. Don't ask me how I know..........

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My car is a 1969 1750 Boat Tail Spider that is Spica injected and I want to install a new fuel tank in my car.

The 1969 year is unique and different from the other Spica tanks. The remedy is to purchase a tank and make modifications to accommodate my car. My understanding is that it involves a mod to the filler pipe. Supposedly auto parts stores like NAPA have hoses that can be adopted for this purpose. I have purchased a tank from Centerline and plan to make the modification.

Has anyone done this that can provide more details?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I am trying to source a new tank for my Spider. The 1969 model year with Spica had a unique tank. The tanks are no longer available new. I have tried the used tank but eventually they leak.

New tanks for Spiders with Spica available require modifications to fit my car. It may be as simple as a rubber filler hose to the tank or possibly some welding.

My question is has anyone adopted one of these later tanks to the 1969 boat tail with Spica? Would you happen to have pictures?

Thanks!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts