Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This time it's for my Milano :)
I have a manual 2.5L and I would like to know if the fuel tank is the same as the 3.0L?
I have a contact not far from my home who has a rebuild.
Thank you for your reply :)

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
All the V6 Milanos have the same tank. To get the tank out of the car you have to remove the two banjo bolts ( one big, one small) at the bottom of the tank, they are are accessed from below. Also even when the tank is empty there's still a gallon of gas in there.

·
Premium Member
15,978 Posts
We wish ours had a bigger tank. We have taken it on long trips, and the range isn't as good as it could be compared to our other Alfas, past and present, even with decent mileage.

Someone once told me that supposedly the European underfloor tank was larger but I don't know that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The underfloor fuel tank (for Alfa 75 4-cylinder models) holds 49 litres. The 75 V6 America/QV and the Milano tank holds 68 litres.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
We wish ours had a bigger tank. We have taken it on long trips, and the range isn't as good as it could be compared to our other Alfas, past and present, even with decent mileage.

Someone once told me that supposedly the European underfloor tank was larger but I don't know that.
There's no reason a competent shop couldn't expand that tank. If it was vertically cut and expanded aft of the seam, I think all you'd need is longer straps to hold it in, and all you'd use is a little trunk space.

bs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts