Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to thank the Alfa community at this point for all the information available here which has helped me tremendously in the restoration of my 72 Gtv 2000!
I had an issue with my fuel sender being very erratic since I had it out during my fuel tank restoration. At times (at rest) it would read fine, but soon after start-up the gauge would swing widely. I had the sender out several times, and on the bench the sender worked fine (about 300 ohm resistance empty, and a few ohms full), but in the car the problem persisted. I finally ordered a new part, and that one works fine in the car. I finally figured out (after adjusting the internal spring, the feeler fingers, proper grounding etc) that the collet (for lack of a better term) attaching the swimmer arm to the housing was slightly loose in the housing, and was causing an intermittent open circuit. I used a plummer's wrench to slighly close the hole holding the collet by compressing the swimmer arm stops, and presto, the sender works perfectly now!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts