Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a fuel rail for an 86 Spider that they would part with? Please let me know. I'm not sure what all years are interchangeable but it has the CSI so the rail needs the corresponding fuel port. Let me know the price plus shipping to 78729. Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will do. Now can you tell me why in Hell they had to use those cups instead of easy to remove fi clamps? Ugghh, should of been a fairly easy job except for that damned cup. I waved my hands a lot and cussed in Spanish (don't speak Italian, Spanish is very close) to no avail.

·
Administrator
17,020 Posts
OK, why do you need a new fuel rail?

The cup washers (#3 - "bushing") are not an issue. I've R/R'd a number of them. Note the shop manual advises the use of a soldering iron (they translate it as a 'welder') to melt through the hose. This is to avoid nicking the hose barbs as might happen if you were to use a sharp knife. The cup washers are there to keep the ends of the hose from spreading. It is vital to use the correct ID FI hose (7.5mm). 1/4" is too small, 5/16" is too large. I have also read that there might be an issue if the hose has too large an OD - then it does not fit into the cup washer properly.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoped no one would ask that. Simple answer: lack of patience and a heavy hand. CSI line was toast and tried to remove it without removing the rail. Got ALMOST all the line removed and still couldn't remove the cup. Didn't have enough of the port/nipple exposed to put on a new line and clamp. Thought I could force the cup down thus pushing down/off the remaining bit of hose. Created a break where the port connects to the rail. There, your laugh for the weekend. I knew I was doing wrong but kept on anyways. Self sabotage. I've since done a bit more research and obviously will remove the rail and replace all fuel hoses and the injectors, which I already have. Just need a rail.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anyone have a fuel rail for an 86 Spider that they would part with? Please let me know. I'm not sure what all years are interchangeable but it has the CSI so the rail needs the corresponding fuel port. Let me know the price plus shipping to 78729. Thanks.
i have one available, PM sent

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I have used and I believe new. with injectors correct

1 - 9 of 9 Posts