Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been much written about the fuel pump. Maybe what I write, the same will help.
This morning, turning the key in the ignition, I not heard a familiar noise of the pump. Starter turns but car dont start. I've been wanting to change the pump it is very noisy, but there was no time.
In this case, sometimes it helps ordinary shovel.:yes: The pump does not always die immediately. Shovel in this case a very handy tool. We thrust it under the fuel tank and gently knock on it. Miracle happens - the pump starts.
But not for long, it was the same. A week later, come the new pump will change. When I bought this car, I immediately changed it. Total 8 years.
Now the main thing.
This pump, which was on my car 8 years ago when I bought it.
0 580 464 990 Price it -$250

It's a box with the number of the pump which is worth now and that I want to change.

LANCIA TEMA 0 580 464 996 - $80

Both pumps are identical in external dimensions, the design and pressure - 3 bar. There is only one difference - a fuel tube. Pump Lancia just need a new piece of fuel tubing and two screw clamps.
250 vs 80 - good difference:)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My new fuel pump shipping to me. For comparison.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had a similar situation when my Weber PI022 pump burned.
According to Jason (Alfissimo) these are the early production pumps.

The pump I could get at the time was a Bosch 0 580 464 997 from the 155 Turbo at the junkyard. I found at that time that the rubber gasket on the 155 does fit the 164 pump housing but it's just as hard to obtain.

Back in 2013 I got a quote for the 0580464997 pump and it would cost 151€. Where did you find yours so cheap?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Our Russian online store.
More available:
-1 pump in Moscow for $80.30
-2 pumps in St. Petersburg for $88.49
And for comparison, the price of Germany $259-267
Here's a paradox. There are parts that just do not possible to buy and have some to have a good price. I now my friend in Italy will shipping parts for the engine ALFA. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts