Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is sort of an update on this thread: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/164...f-throttle-nos-egr-valve-has-vacuum-leak.html but enough of a seperate topic that I felt like I should start a new thread.

I removed the fuel pump assembly in order to replace the pump & the hoses, & it was difficult to extract it because one of the mounts in the bottom basket for the metal straps was broken. Somehow, the soda straw that goes in the side of the fuel pump mount came out as I was fighting the assembly out of the tank.

I'm putting everything back together although I'm waiting for a new basket, & I realized that I neglected to note the orientation of the soda straw. I did see Steve's note to make sure that it is inserted into the one place on the mount that has a hole for it.

Does it matter which way the soda straw is oriented relative to the rest of the fuel pump assembly? Also, should the soda straw be inserted all the way through the mount (the hole looks too small), or should it just rest in the appropriate insert over the top of the hole in the mount?

·
1991 164L
27,692 Posts
Just insert it until it bottoms out in the one hole in pump mount that has smaller hole in bottom of it.

As for where pretty much depends on where that hole is located with littler hole in it.

Try to position so straw doesn't get caught on anything when installing pump assembly back into tank. Probably in line very close to one of the stainless straps is my guess.

You are kind of at the mercy of where hole within a hole ends up when mounting mount on pump and into filter basket top. I guess what I am saying it is a frap shoot and I don't really know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts