Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a ruptured fuel return line so I went through the pump system. It was confusing because the original pumps were replaced with much higher pressure Bosch pumps but the fuel pressure at the main fuel filter was only 8-9 PSI. The car ran fine at this level. I replaced these pumps with the Walbro unit and used a Murphy PRV50 pressure relief valve next to the new pump (about $60 on Amazon). The replacement pump lowered the pressure to 7-8 PSI. The engine still ran well with a very slight decrease in power.

Next step was to replace the fuel filters. The main filter in the engine bay was reasonable but the in-tank filter was very dirty and clogged. Important note; if you are replacing this filter order a new rubber gasket (trust me) and verify the orifice on the return line is clean. Bingo! The new Walbro and relief valve provide a nearly constant 20PSI. The best part is a huge increase in performance. The car was already quick but the improved performance is very noticeable!
D48989C5-4B0B-45FF-85F3-23046DF290E0.jpeg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for sharing, that's a very neat setup, great when you go to the effort and get the reward. Can you please share where you purchased the parts. Am I correct in thinking that the threads on the fittings are NPT, and the female threads in the pump are M10*1.
Regards Geoff

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing, that's a very neat setup, great when you go to the effort and get the reward. Can you please share where you purchased the parts. Am I correct in thinking that the threads on the fittings are NPT, and the female threads in the pump are M10*1.
Regards Geoff
Hi Geoff, You are correct on the threads. I bought all parts on Amazon. Everything is 1/4 NPT and here is the name of the M10 adapter: HongBoW Hardware 2 Pcs Metric to NPT Adapter Pipe 1/4" NPT Female to M10 M10X1 Male Metric Adapter Brass Fitting Fuel Air

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks again, you read my mind it is the adaptor I was interested in, I looked on UK Amazon but couldn't find it. Thanks for the link.
Regards Geoff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts