Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a replacement main fuel pump for
an '86 spider. What do you recommend for a source
for an Alfa pump or a brandX/generic substitute.
Thanks so much

art de armond

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
I just got an 85 spider and it has been sitting for a while, I pulled the fuel pump out of the tank and what a mess, i need a new pump and thinking about doing the External Mount Fuel Pump
your spider has 2 fuel pumps, and needs both. The one in the tank attached to the fuel level sender by a short hose, is a puller pump; that you can buy from most of the alfa spares people...like here
https://www.centerlinealfa.com/store/1181

The external one (under the car, passenger/right hand side) is the main pump.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ocalfa

How did this pump work out for you, I just got an 85 spider and it has been sitting for a while, I pulled the fuel pump out of the tank and what a mess, i need a new pump and thinking about doing the External Mount Fuel Pump
Hi, My replacement pump works, but I'm having the same issues. Guess my original pump was fine!! My in-tank pump wasn't working, and causing the main pump to starve.

Pls check both pumps and order the one you need.

PS. If you need the Main EXTERNAL pump, I have the original Bosch which I'll be selling.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, i started a thread about this problem, don't want to high jack the OP's thread. here's a link to my problem, any help will be great

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/354521-85-spider-graduate-getting-running.html#post5745977

your spider has 2 fuel pumps, and needs both. The one in the tank attached to the fuel level sender by a short hose, is a puller pump; that you can buy from most of the alfa spares people...like here
https://www.centerlinealfa.com/store/1181

The external one (under the car, passenger/right hand side) is the main pump.
Hi, My replacement pump works, but I'm having the same issues. Guess my original pump was fine!! My in-tank pump wasn't working, and causing the main pump to starve.

Pls check both pumps and order the one you need.

PS. If you need the Main EXTERNAL pump, I have the original Bosch which I'll be selling.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
971 Posts
This is a Bosch exact replacement with a lifetime warranty.

Bosch Electrical Fuel Pump 69412: Get best Fuel Pump at Advance Auto Parts

M5
That's a great price! I used to may over $100 more for that pump.

FYI, Advance Auto ALWAYS has coupon codes available for online purchases. $50 of of $125 or more is a very common example. Shipping is free for any order of $75.

No affiliation. I've bought lots of parts for various cars from them online and then picked the parts up later that day from local store. You can't walk in the store and ask for the discount. You must order online.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts